What could i wear with these shoes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mddimehdi • Oct 7, 2014.

1. Mddimehdi

MddimehdiNew Member

Threads:
    I found a decent price for Peal & Co distressed suede wingtips at BB

How formal or informal could I make them? They almost seem too casual to wear with a suit, but too formal to wear with jeans. Would they only work with trousers/shirt/tie?

2. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    When I clicked on the link to view the shoes, I received an error saying 'Page not found' on the website listed. Could you repost the link? I'd love to be able to help you by giving some advice. I can't get enough from the description of the shoes alone to be able to make a proper judgement call.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, I guess the page was taken down already? The exact text says that,

"PAGE NOT FOUND
    The page you requested cannot be found. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

PLEASE TRY THE FOLLOWING

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
    Click here to go to our home page.
    Use the navigation bar above to find the link you are looking for.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    Enter a term in the search box below"

So can you try posting the link again?

4. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    Personally I would wear something like this with a pair of casual but not too casual slacks. And to be honest they will work with pretty much anything. I don't like to put to much effort into trying to figure out what peice of clothing or shoes is exeptable by others. I think you should wear them with what ever you feel like wearing them with. Create your own unique style and don't bother by asking anyone's opinion on what looks right with your shoes. No choice is the wrong choice. Who knows, you may think you are making a fashion mistake when really others are in envy of you because you have good fasion sense.

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I love that site and I love wing tips, so even though I couldn't see the photo, I would say you could wear those in a formal and informal setting. For an example, of a cool look for a formal setting, look at some 'Swing' clothes from the 1940's or movies that depict it. Then if you want to see informal wear, I would look up something like trousers with a short sleeved polo shirt and a sweater draped over the shoulder and tied at the neckline. I guess I would call this 'dress casual' because I can't see wearing the wing tipped shoes with something as casual as jeans but I definitely think you could wear them going out on a Friday night with some friends for a drink or meal. If you get them, you can take a photo and then post a photo of you wearing them...or just of the shoes if you want to stay anonymous. They sound great!

6. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I also got the same error, but I just searched for your short description of them on google and found the page. They're really nice shoes, I like that they can be dressed up or dressed down, simple yet fashionable. I think they would work with trousers/shirt/tie, and probably even a suit depending on the color and style of it.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also got the error message, not able to help you out with your request.