What coverages?

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by Gelsemium • Oct 15, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When making an insurance to your car what are your choices, do you go for the cheapest possible and hope for the best or do you prefer to pay for a more expensive insurance just to be better prepared in the case of an accident?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    If I had an older model car and didn't have to have full coverage I would pay for cheap insurance. Of course I would review the coverage, particularly property damage and personal injury, if any, for myself and others. Pray that I have asked all the right questions before signing on the dotted line and paying my premium.

On the flip side of the coin, any vehicle that is not paid for outright, here in the States, I believe is required to have comprehensive coverage during the loan period which isn't cheap to me.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You do want to make sure you have the personal insurance coverage for any one you may harm. If you have health insurance it is not completly necessary for you to have coverage for your injuries if you get hurt. Property coverage is important, what your insurance does not cover if you hurt someone you can be responsible for the amount due out of your pocket. Cost of the premium should not be the most important thing, it is the amount of coverage you get for the amount you are paying to cover the risk you take when you are operating a vehicle. Also you want to make sure any other drivers have complete coverage also.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I can't afford extensive insurance so I just get the basic liabiltiy insuance I need to be legal. If I had more money, and a better car I woul buy more insurance.. but as it is, I have a great deal and I do not have to pay much for my insurance. The downside is I have a dent I can not fix!