What day do you usually go to the movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Miaka_M • May 20, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You and me both. I don't really go out to watch movies anymore either. It's just so convenient to watch movies at home. Movies are easy to find online ad are very easy to find on TV if you have cable.

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Something I've learned from years of going to the movie theaters, is to go on Tuesday, because a lot of cinema places have lower prices or offer special deals for customers. I only go if I'm watching a movie with my family and friends, otherwise I rather stay home to watch a movie and save money.

3. hanseung

hanseungNew Member

Threads:
    These days, I usually only go to the movies once a month, or once every two months, if there are movies I really want to see. I try to avoid getting to the cinema on a weekend, though, to avoid the rush of people who are trying to get a break from their kids, or get the most of their weekend in a few hours. There's often a huge amount of people in the cinema on a weekend, so much so that there isn't a free seat in sight because all the tickets have been booked. If I do have to go on a weekend, I try to go at night time so there's no crowd. However, I try to get to the movies on a Tuesday because many people seem to forget that they can still go out on a Tuesday, and, as previously mentioned, there are often discounts. I still end up paying at least $40, though.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Always try to go on a weekday, there are usually more seats available and the tickets are much cheaper. If you are unable to do so, I find that some cinemas offer cheap late night movies on weekends, which is better than paying more to squeeze in with the weekend peak hour crowd.

5. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I know that most of the people go to the movies during the weekends, but I prefer otherwise. My preference would be any time during the weekdays. I just hate it when it's all crowded and you have to line up on a long queue. I also love it when the cinema is not that full, and you won't need to sit beside a stranger.