What did you do when you couldn't pay your credit card bill?

Discussion in Credit Cards started by brutal37138 • Nov 29, 2013.

1. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I'm just curious what some on here have done in the event that they couldn't pay their credit card bill.

2. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    When I couldn't pay my bill I simply just didn't pay it. I knew I would have a late fee the next month so I made sure I was able to pay both the late fee and the normal monthly fee the following month and have not missed a payment since.

3. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    Call and make a payment arrangement. Tell them I will pay 5 d0llars today and 45 in the next two weeks. Sometimes various companies work with you. I know utility companies do. Don't ignore the letters or simply not pay.

4. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Utilities companies are known for making payment arrangements in the United States. I'm not worried about making those payments because they come first, electricity is a necessity through the middle of winter at minimum. Have you ever tried to make a payment arrangement for credit cards? If they do a payment arrangement does it go on your credit report?

5. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It happened to me that I made a payment arrangement on how much I would pay each month until my credit card bill was paid in full. I have a very small limited credit card spending, which is good considering I wouldn't be overspend. I would also make sure I will make small payments throughout the month to cover my credit card bill or at least minimize the bill.