What Did You Think Of Pacific Rim?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Nov 8, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I saw a few reviews of this online, and I perceive the results to be torn right down the middle. Some like the cliche and cheesy lines and characters, while some found it boring. As for the robots, which comprises the bulk of the reason why this movie exists, again, half of the people enjoyed it and half of the people didn't. I personally liked the movie, but didn't like the robot fights, I just thought they were shot too dark and too wet (from all the ocean water), and it didn't help that I didn't really like the robot designs to begin with anyway, but I did appreciate that there were lots of robot fights and they were made relatively well inspite of my abovementioned reasons. What did you guys think of this movie, which side are you on?

2. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I saw this in theaters and I liked the movie. It came as a surprise to me that I liked this movie. I was prepared for disappointment, but this movie did not disappoint me. They did hype it up a little, but not enough to deter me from going to see it. I liked the fight scenes the best. I thought they were really well done.I know not everyone liked this movie, but it was good in my opinion.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly think they hyped it up too much. It was a journal movie which I did enjoy but I didn't think it was beyond amazing. It was an average film that was too hyped and that's all that there is to it.
    I feel like the more underestimated movies turn out to be even better and they are usually the same films that have never been hyped up. Sadly our world works in opposite ways(haha).

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watched the Pacific Rim months ago. I thought that it would be be better than Transformers. It featured giant robots going against Godzilla-like monsters. I had high hopes for the movie. It turned out to be very mediocre. The action was slow, the story sucked and bordered on cheesy, and the dialogue was awful. It is bearable but don't get too hyped up. It's not great.

5. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I admit that Pacific Rim was not the best film of the year, but I thought it was good. I know they hyped it up, but it was still enjoyable to watch. I was actually expecting this movie to be really awful, but it did surprise me and turned out to actually be good. Like I said earlier not everyone agrees with me, but that's just my opinion.

6. sulayman

sulaymanBanned

Threads:
    I thought that it was good, but when it comes to robots, transformers was the best ever robot film and to top that off you really have to do something amazing and pacific rim was not quite there yet. It is the best attempt at a robot film so far but is not as good.

7. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that Pacific Rim was not as good as Transformers. That is a tough robot mivie to beat and I didn't expect Pacific Rim to be better than that. I will say it did good enough though.

8. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I liked the movie. TO me it was just refreshing to see something that wasnt a romantic comedy or a rehashed super hero movie.