What do you avoid eating in the fast food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by 003 • May 29, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Okay, although all of their foods don't seem to be healthy, I can't avoid all of them because first, they are delicious. Second, they are cheap and convenient. But there's this one thing that avoid to eat in all fast foods. It is their ice cream. I think ice creams are the unhealthiest of the foods in the fast food. They contain much more ingredients that are not really necessary for the ice cream, only to make the ice cream last longer which might seriously harm the body and bring recurring diseases. Also, they contain a lot of sugar, more than the healthy amount for one serving.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I avoid soda's, since if they don't offer rootbeer and only Coke products, then I will opt for juice instead. I don't think I can resist ice cream though. But if the fast food happens to serve any fish related products with the exception of fish fillet burgers, then that's what I tend to avoid, since I'm not that fond of fish.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Anything with over 1,300 calories is over 70% of the daily intake we are supposed to have. Now add trans-fat and saturated fats and you are buying a heart attack for yourself when you order meals like McDonalds Big Breakfast or other chains 'largest items' and no, ordering the small fry does not count. So when I eat fast food, I try to remind myself that the grease that I love to taste, is just as good in a junior bacon cheese burger as it is in the 3/4 pound cheese burger. And if someone were to tell me the side salad and chili were really bad for me, then I would be tempted to eat it over that anyway. I am an adult but not beyond ordering a happy meal and giving some unexpected kid the toy later; it saves money, saves calories, and saves my heart organs from going into shock. To answer more directly I would say I avoid any 'Large' items on menus - even salads. America has lost the realistic concept of portion control.

4. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    I avoid hamburger meat, or at least what they call "hamburger meat" I hate the texture and I do not think it's good for you. I will eat chicken or fish but no beef. Lately I have been avoiding salads, because you can get very sick from lettuce that has been contaminated. I never drink pop, so that is off the list. I will eat ice milk in a cone sometimes. I will eat fries. I will buy coffee or tea. That is about it.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I actually avoid the salads and "healthy options" at fast food joints. They actually have just as much calories as a normal meal when you add the dressing and all the other stuff added onto the salad and toppings. If you're eating a fast food place, you're already greatly exceeding your calorie/fat/carb intake you should be having for one meal. So whenever I do go out, I just go ahead and get what I want.

6. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    I generally avoid fast food as a whole. I used to spend majority of my nights chowing down on fast food. I ended up gaining so much weight and constantly felt groggy. I cannot stand the smell of fast food now.

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a vegetarian so, of course I avoid all the meat, but dietary restrictions aside, I tend to try and avoid all the fried stuff. Usually when I get something it'll be like a wrap or a salad, or yes, ice cream. I never thought that would be super unhealthy, but if you're only ordering that then I think its okay to splurge lol. One thing that I just can't avoid is the pop (soda), just because I don't have it all the time ^.^'

8. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid eating ribs. Besides being tough to prepare, normally, this type of meat doesn't taste good at fast food joints. Why? They offer up the cheapest cuts. (Sorry to all of you McRib lovers.)

To me, fast food joints are best for burgers. Even the worst ones have at least one type of burger on their menu that's delicious and edible.

9. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Now a days, I try to stay away from fast foods. One day I took a picture and did not like what I saw. And sometimes felt a little sluggish when I used to eat fast food. Now since I did a little research I found some good alternatives to eat beside fast food. So I eat very healthy and manage to drop some weight. And now I hear all the rumors about fast foods restaurants doing things to the customers food, just completely turns me off now.

10. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid eating fast food as much as possible. I do love a dollar side salad though. I also love the parfait. Other than that I really avoid the 'dessert' options. There's little to no nutritional value in them and I do not have much of a sweet tooth.

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Anything chicken related that looks nothing like a real chicken. I once ordered a chicken sandwich from McDonald's' and I have to say that 'chicken' part and meat doesn't look like any chicken meat I've ever seen before. I also avoid desserts as much as possible, but for the most part I think I'm okay.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I tend not to avoid anything at the fast food restaurants, because if I'm eating there then chances are that I'm feeling particularly indulgent on that day and when I'm in that mood, I try not to limit myself too much so as not to feel I'm being too strict on my own behavior. However, if I were feeling a little more picky, I'd probably just eliminate the french fries or anything else that's deep fried, because I know they don't really drain those as thoroughly as if I myself had done the process, which I think is understandable since they couldn't possibly be expected to spend that much time for just a few drops of excess oil per person.

13. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I avoid the super gluttonous stuff, like the triple burger with a pound of bacon on it, and what not. I think Burger King used to have some breakfast sandwich years ago, that had like three sausage patties on it, and was well over 2000 calories itself. All that stuff is gross.

I stick to the dollar menus, and generally find them to be filling. No need for super sized fries, or super sized drinks. I used to be all about those when I am younger, but now I am more conscious of my portions, and I would feel way too stuffed if I ate a "super size" meal these days.

I love Burger King's "Satisfries". There's nothing crazy with what they did to make them low fat - they simply cut them bigger, which means less surface area is exposed to the oil, and they lightened the batter/coating they put on their fries so they absorb less oil. Honestly, they should have just made these their new regular fries, instead of making people ask for them specifically. For sandwiches there, I like to get their Whopper Jr. with no cheese or mayo. They used to only be $1 but I think they raised them a bit these days.

At McDonalds I almost always get the $1 McDouble and a $1 fry to go along with it.

14. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also trying to avoid fast food as much as possible nowadays. If I do really want to eat them then I will make my own at home which way healthier than going to a fast food restaurant.

But just to answer the question: I avoid their salad and also their soup.

15. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to eating at a fast food place, I avoid the "meals". If I am going in to a McDonalds for a burger then I will just order the burger. I know there are enough calories in the entree to satisfy my hunger so I don't need anything else. This way I avoid the fries and soda that come with the meal neither of which has much to offer in terms of nutrition. Even the healthier options like the salads aren't on my usual orders as they are sometimes packed with calorie rich ingredients to make them palatable.