What do you buy at dollar stores?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by tjshort05 • Aug 16, 2012.

1. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Things I buy at the Dollar store are cleaning supplies and maybe some decorations. And I sometimes buy little snacks and stuff. Maybe some rags and baskets, any household item.

2. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I love shopping a dollar stores, mostly the Dollar Tree, which is what we have here. I buy all kinds of stuff like toothbrushes, toothpaste, bodywash, shampoo, conditioner, soap bars, hand soap, cleaning supplies, coloring books, and lots more. One thing that I was actually surprised because I didn't expect much was a pair of dollar white earbud headphones. They work really well and the sound is great too. And for one dollar that is not bad! I like a few of their cosmetics including the dollar nail polishes. I have found some great bright colors and glitter polish as well. I haven't found anything that I really haven't liked.

3. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    The only items I purchase from the Dollar Tree are gift bags. I get a much better deal on them and they provide more variety than our local grocery store does. Plus, we reuse them throughout our family so they definitely pay for themselves! When I was teaching, I would buy little trinkets and toys to put in our class treasure box.

4. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I have found that a lot of things that are a dollar at the dollar store can be three dollars or more at the grocery store. Most of these items will be the same size and the same quality.

One example is boxes of beef and chicken broth. My wife uses them, and we will never buy them anywhere but the dollar store. Otherwise we would be wasting our money.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love the Dollar Tree! I buy cleaning supplies, dish gloves, hand soap, batteries (I use rechargables, but if I need cheap batteries for camping stuff, then I buy them at the Dollar Tree) and tons more. Oh, yeah I love their greeting cards. You can't beat 2 cards for a dollar.

6. courtney1985

courtney1985New Member

Threads:
    Everything I buy there is already mentioned here. I would never buy food again from the dollar stores. I learned that most of it is made in Mexico which is why my family can taste the differences and complains about it every single time I try to slip the food in without telling them. It's so bad that last time they caught me they simply picked up the box, looked at where it was made and told me to stop it, now. I was shocked! It was only a box of crackers. I don't understand but after reading the reviews and seeing that also some of the foods and ingredients are defective I started to believe it.

7. JJohnston

JJohnstonNew Member

Threads:
    I buy stuff like small toys (when I want to give my daughter a treat) or holiday decorations. I get batteries at the Dollar Store too. I try to refrain from buying cleaning products and food. Mostly because the cleaning products don't work very well and/or are not a good deal and the food has an early expiration date. I'll get party supplies there too because I can get a lot of stuff that is basically disposable for really inexpensive.

You have to be careful with the Dollar Store becuase what might seem like a great value at first, after being researched, really isn't.

8. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    depends on the dollar store, but the one by my work has great cutlery and plates. We actually just got cutlery for the office and i'm shocked at the quality of it. Strong, durable, and they are heavy! Sometimes you can find a few gems at the dollar store.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I buy a lot of things there, too. I do't generally buy the toys unless they're for party bags.... or the books because they never have anything good. The rest, though, is fair game. I really like their hair products especially because they're always changing and you can pick up pony tail holders or clips for the buck and not worry about if they're going to last that long or not.

10. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    Lest I forget water bottles. THE best. I mean if you lose it or it breaks, it was a dollar. If I spend $10 dollars and lose it or forget it somewhere, i'm pissed, but just a small amount makes it easier to feel if you do lose it.

11. ProForums777

ProForums777New Member

Threads:
    If you are having a party the dollar store is the best place to go. Why spend a lot of money on stuff that is just going to waste? I usually save about 100 dollars on family gatherings by simply going to the dollar store.

12. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have found some awesome things at The Dollar Tree. I buy crafting items, I buy stuff to make home decor. I buy gift bags, mail shipping items, glass wares, kitchen items, soaps,cleaning products, toys you name it I buy it here. Even the pregnancy tests lol !
    I love the Dollar Tree

13. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    i buy decorations!!!!!! there halloween and christmas decorations are so much fun!!!

14. Belindafierce

BelindafierceMember

Threads:
    All kinds of things. Candy, party supplies, picture frames, toys and fake lashes. The last thing I purchased from the dollar store was a package of sponges and some Halloween supplies. I tend to go there whenever I'm tight on cash for the month too. I can spend a lot of time in dollar stores if allowed. ;)

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to buy gift wrapping stuff at dollar stores because most wrapping paper is over $3 elsewhere. As for ribbon, I buy it 75% off after Christmas at Walmart and I buy the non-Christmas-y colors so that I can use them for birthdays.

16. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Dollar Tree is one of my favorite dollar stores. I buy all of my household cleaning supplies and a few decorative items from them.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I finally made it to my local Dollar Tree and it's the best dollar store I've ever been to.
    It's been years since I went to a dollar store where everything actually is a dollar.
    Their cleaning supplies are great. I finally got that LA's Awesome cleaner I've been hearing about and it cleans really well. I'm planning to go again and stock up on all the Awesome products.

18. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I love the dollar store! I buy all kinds of things, drop cloths, paper supplies, yarn, sunglasses, zip bags, books, gift wrap, kitchen gadgets... Dollar Tree has everything from craft supplies to foodstuff. It's a great place to shop to stock up on little things.

19. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I've bought cheap electronics there before. The food also isn't bad so long as you look at the brand. If it's something that obviously looks cheap and you've never heard of before then you can't expect much out of it, but a lot of the time they'll have brands like Hershey and stuff in the candy section.

20. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I buy stationary items, envelope mailers, packed food, soap, gift wrap, and candy for Halloween.