What do you buy at dollar stores?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by tjshort05 • Aug 16, 2012.

1. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    General Stationary

2. shane002

shane002Banned

Threads:
    Most of the time I purchase cleaning supplies, or detergent. At the better dollar stores, there are some, I like to buy kitchen items like bowls, pans, plastic items.

3. Temitopesmith

TemitopesmithBanned

Threads:
    some cool collections of clothing and footwear collections are availed by me here

4. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I buy cleaning products, holiday decor and solar (thingy's). I tried food once and it was horrible, I would not advise anyone to buy food there. I forgot to mention I like those Coca Cola glasses.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pass the pound shop every day on my way to work. I pop in there to see the latest deals, sometimes there are some bargains on offer. Most of the products are unhealthy processed food but sometimes they have great offers on fresh vegetables. A few days ago I bought 5kg of carrots for 30p, an absolute bargain.

6. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy toiletries stuff like body soap, shampoo, and lotion. They have really great products at the dollar store where I live. I also like to get trash bags, cleaning sponges, and zip-lock bags for lunches and snacks. You can save alot of money shopping there and still get quality products surprisingly.

7. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what they have at any particular time. Sometimes the Dollar Tree has good books, many of the run of the mill dollar stores have spiral notebooks, and various cute notepads. Since I love to write, I'll grab a few of those. I also like buying the generic perfume that is sold for a dollar. I buy it and spray it around my house, or in my car, or in my garage, just to make things smell nice.

I also will buy seasonal decorations, like stuff for St. Patrick's day, or Halloween, and Christmas. I also like to buy fake flowers from dollar stores. Buy a few bunches of fake flowers, wash them off and put them inside of a vase somewhere in my house.

8. dafriend

dafriendNew Member

Threads:
    actually nothing - but when in need a HUGE water bottle that costs over a dollar everywhere else! ;P

9. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    Family dollar is popular store for me. Because the dollar store in my area has expanded and added additional products for an everyday family I go often. You have to be selective when you're purchasing things from there. SOme of the quality sucks. I have bought, toothpaste, soap, tissue, school supplies, household items, candles. Anything that is of decent quality I will purchase from there.

#109Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  10. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    If I am in the States, I like to shop at the dollar stores to get toiletries, such as soap, lotions, deodorants, etc. I also like to get some tinned products from them too. It's also a great place to get stationary.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to buy decorations for my home usually they have little angel figurines or decorations for holidays that I like. Also I buy snacks there and coloring books for my kids.

12. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I shop in Dollar stores I usually buy nicks and nacks. I never really buy anything that would exceed $5. Usually if I am thinking about buying something that is low priced I would more than likely find it at a Dollar Store. Items such as candy, snacks, small clothing, and small items. Just like anyone else, I shop at Dollar stores to save money.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually buy some makeup (Revlon usually has stuff at the dollar stores I have been to), and some eventual stuff I need for my house. That could go from cleaning supplies, to pasta sauce, to chocolate... it depends on the store, really. Some have really cool stuff, while some only have bad quality products.

14. StevenGlansberg

StevenGlansbergNew Member

Threads:
    At dollar stores i usually just buy (as you said) party supplies. They are cheaper there than in most department stores and it's usually just a one time thing anyways. I would definitely not buy food there though.

15. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly household supplies, plastic baggies, paper towels, cleaning supplies. They do have some name brands. I always find Comet and Ajax dishwashing liquid. I think you can also find great gift bags and tissue paper at great prices. I just dont buy food items usually.

16. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    I will buy toiletries there, but in the winter I lived next to one that sold food, and I also would buy groceries from the Dollar Store sometimes. Usually dairy and meat products were more expensive than at the local grocery store though, so that wasn't a common occurrence. I bought cleaning supplies and pillows from there as well.

17. SophiaLazar

SophiaLazarMember

Threads:
    SPICES!!! Spices are like total rip off at the grocery store! I do use fresh garlic and parsley, but grabbing nutmeg and cinnamon and things like that is a big break. I also really like to get alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce there, because sometimes I cook for things like parties and soccer tournaments the night before and we make like tons and tons of pasta for everybody so everybody goes to the dollar stores. For bake sales and potlucks, and community feeding, you can really score canned goods, soups there.
    I also think that they have cute holiday decorations, and cat toys, and pet supplies.

Also, cleaning supplies, mops, buckets, sponges, rubber gloves, we always pass over this stuff at our grocery store and make a trip across town to the dollar store and get it all at once. My bf and I moved into this totally affluent neighborhood, and found this cutesy smaller house. but there is NO dollar tree on our side of town, we were joking about it on the way home recently.

18. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I buy most of our paper goods at dollar stores. Paper plates, toilet paper, trash bags and things of that nature. I also buy our plastic kitchenware there because you can get like sets of four plastic cups for $1.00. So when my husband decides to use the cups for scooping dog food, I can't really say anything!

19. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    I buy anything cool I find at the dollar store. I generally go there when I need a throw away table cloth or cups or plates and then just look around from there. My last trip to the dollar store I actually got some pretty neat app toys for my tablet and some goblets! The goblet's are gorgeous too. All glass, work great! I also found some pretty cool looking spiders in the halloween section and bought those for additional decorations.

20. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    Most of the cleaning supplied that I have tried there work really good! I also by the smell good rocks (not sure what they are really called) just pour them in a container and they work for weeks and look pretty too! I buy dish towels and was cloths there as well. I also pick up band aids and that sort of thing. Their dishes and glassed are a good buy. I don't really like the toilet paper or paper towels, they don't seem to last long. I haven't really tried their food other than the movie style boxes of candy, we get these for movie night at home. I do get seasonal items here too. I got new stockings and stocking holders there this year. I get a good bit there, have lots of good deals!