What Do You Buy On Amazon

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Rosyrain • Apr 10, 2017.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon has just about everything you can possibly think to purchase. What items do you purchase on Amazon? I usually make a purchase on Amazon at least once a month because it gives me access to unusual things that I can't find at local stores. I recently purchased a set of curtains for my kitchen on there because the style was really cute and the price was right. The only thing I have not purchased on the site yet was food.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Usually I always buy books, cd's and dvd's. The prices are great, and they always offer various types of promotions to the customers (which obviously is a good thing and draws my attention even more).

I love Amazon. :) It's one of the best sites. ;)

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I used to really stick to a couple of things here and there but the more and more that I search the more that I find. I like to limit it though just so I do not overspend, but I buy a lot there.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    This is the site that I buy from most often. Perhaps, there's nothing left that I've not bought yet. Actually, today, for the first time I've bought a LED tube light from Amazon. At first, I was apprehensive to order something brittle online. But, the delivery was simply flawless.There is no other site which is so multifaceted.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought sugar free chocolates for the price was right and I wanted to see how well it would travel to Hawaii. It arrived and in very good condition and was so good too. I buy from amazon crock like sandals, sneakers, shorts, herbs, bathroom hangers you know those little clothes pin with hooks, toaster, rice cooker all on special prices so I saved money. The shipping isn't so great for most items, except items you come across every once in a while like the costume jewelry I bought from amazon, then it's worth to buy it. I found on amazon my watch band that no one locally carried it or discontinued it, so when I found it I was so relieved. It was so inexpensive and shipping was cheap too for it is a light weight item. All good quality from amazon so far, so I like shopping at amazon. Loved it when free shipping was at just $35, too but now it's gone up to $49 I believe for free shipping. I save a lot of money shopping at amazon.

6. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I barely buy anything from Amazon to be honest. Most of the things on there are overpriced and the fact most items do not come with free delivery is a huge put off for me. I use eBay to get little knick knacks especially because they take PayPal which is a lot more convenient for me. For the bigger items like games I just use the online websites for UK stores like Game. I think the last thing that I bought from Amazon was a Revision Guide that I couldn't find anywhere else

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought a lot of college books on Amazon and also a 3D art program. However, recently on eBay, I also bought a double bass drum pedal, basically because I had an eBay gift card I couldn't use. Also, as I sort of suggested, I have bought a lot of food cards - but I'm becoming suspicious of them. I think they are scams and that restaurants, as a whole, might quit taking them.

Oh, by the way, I think Amazon and eBay are good places to save and buy hard-to-find things, as others on this thread have said.

It depends on the item. I wouldn't make such a broad generalization.

That makes sense. A lot of people make money thru PayPal so the ability to use that money quickly on eBay is fun.

8. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have recently purchased olive oil and brown sugar from amazon. It is yet to arrive. Then I have bought kindle books, toys and mobile phone from amazon. I have never bought any clothes. I don't believe in buying clothes online.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy books, home and kitchen appliances, gift articles from amazon. I have not yet bought mobiles, seeds for gardening, clothes, jewelry and much more. Just now slowly I am starting to buy from it frequently. )

10. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Most often than not, i buy small kitchen appliances or electronics. I feel that Amazon offers a wide variety of products and brands and to be honest at a very competitive price in comparison to the other retailers. But as Kingcool stated unless you are subscribed to prime the delivery time can be inconvenient.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I buy books, dvds and music-Cds but thats about the only things I buy on Amazon and they are usually used,and have a really great price on them as well. I also buy some hard to find electronic cables like a OTG- USB adapter for a tablet,but I buy mostly used books on Amazon. I find Amazon a great way to shop for a lot of things and would not hestitate to buy shoes or some clothes on this site as well,and have always had a good experience buying here.

12. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought food from Amazon either, but I buy a variety of other things. It's one of my favorite places to shop for gifts. I have found some really cool toys and games for my grandkids on there.

I bought the cutest little whale pool with a big inflatable tail that sticks up. You attach the hose to it so the tale sprays water like a shower. The kids just loved it. It was only $15.00, and with Prime, I got free shipping. It was a huge hit. They are still talking about it and can't wait to get it out again.

It's also great for buying gifts for family members that live at a distance, since I can have items shipped directly to them at no charge. It's all very convenient and saves money too. I can even get gift wrapping if I choose to do so (for an extra charge).