What do you buy your significant other?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by TheViper • Jan 2, 2014.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    When you have a special day coming up for your significant other. There are certain gifts that you may want to give them to show that you truly care. What gifts do you give to your loved ones?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Over Christmas I got my GF some nice jewelry and a stocking with various bits and bots.

Previously I have paid for us to go on holiday too.

3. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I struggle with this because my boyfriend never mentions anything about it. He always just wants clothes but I would love to get him something special instead. I always get jewelry or clothes too. I would love to be able to pay for a holiday for him, that's such a good one

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I to have an hard time alos buying gifts for my boyfriend so when I do go to the store I buy him jeans and cologne he loves to fish so I buy him a pole or something, That about it because I watch him buy everything he needs all through the year.

5. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    Men are so hard to buy for! For special occasions, you can give us ladies some jewelry and flowers and we will be delighted! My husband usually ends up with a couple of t-shirts and a pants because if he wants something for a hobby, he picks it up himself.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most common thing I buy to wife is flowers, but just this Christmas we got each other ticket to a concert we were waiting for, it was a great gift. Other than that I mostly give her clothes, women just love shoes and bags you know, they are never too much!

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what she likes the most. I just bought her a Samsung Note 3 as a Christmas present, which this was the first time I bought something that was expensive. I didn't usually buy such an expensive present, not the mention it was an electronic because I most bought gift cards or post cards to people. This is something I have thought about for a very long time before I decided to surprise her.

8. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    I love to buy gifts for people that I know they will love and enjoy. I like to really think about what the person likes and dislikes before I buy them a gift.
    For example, my mother collects the green depression glass, jadeite. I can sometimes find it in thrift shops. Even though I am buying her a gift from a thrift store, I know she will love it because it is something she collects. I took the time to think about what she enjoys and based my gift off that.
    My sister is always asking me for fashion advice. She constantly calls me and says things like "should I wear a silver necklace with my purple shirt, or a purple and gold necklace with my purple shirt?" She always has some kind of style question. For Christmas, I bought her a complete outfit. A shirt, pants, necklace and earrings to go with it. She apperciated this gift because it something already styled just for her.
    For the people that I feel obligated to buy a gift for, I don't mind if it is impersonal. A candle, a bath set, or gift set is sufficient. It is a gift to show I care, but nothing too special to say I REALLY care. My mother-in-law and I do not have a great relationship. I honestly do not know what her interests are. For her, I usually find a nice basket filled with chocolates or scented soaps.
    I think if you want to give a gift that the other person will really like, take into consideration their interests. What are things they enjoy to do in their spare time? What are their hobbys?

9. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend is easy to buy gifts for. He loves collecting pocket knives, he loves unique items, and he loves gadgets. He says I'm hard to shop for, which is true because I don't like jewelry or flowers or traditional things that a lot of other women want.