What do you collect?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • May 7, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people collect something. This could range from collecting magazines, books, DVDs to something like stamp collection. If your collection has some value you can save money by buying the original, making a copy of it and selling the originals. Of course this doesn't apply to things such as Stamps or artifacts. It could save you some money since you can get some money back for what you bought but still retain a copy of it.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I collect old gaming consoles and cartridges - Nintendo (NES&SNES), Sega and Dreamcast. I frequent the flea markets often so I find them cheap and in great numbers. Some I sell and some I keep. There are a lot of collectors willing to pay good money for rare games and I sometimes end up making 100$+ profit on just a game depending on the condition :eek:

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wouldn't you be at a loss when you buy the original copy only to sell it afterwards? Of course the selling price would be cheaper than the original price. Or you mean to sell the ones that you bought a long time ago because you need money?

Anyway, I used to collect magazines, cd's and casette tapes when I was younger, but now I don't collect anything anymore, because all of them can be downloaded or viewed online.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I collect DVDs and CDs, nothing very outlandish I'm afraid. My mum collects teapots in funny shapes and my best friend collects football shirts. My favourite collection I ever saw was when I was at boarding school and discovered one of the teachers had a big collection of elephant memorabilia.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For things like DVD's if you get a used copy that's as good as new, all you do is rip the files from the DVD and save them on some storage device. Since you have a copy of the movie, you can sell the DVD at the same price you bought it. Definitely not the best way to make money but if you have a large collection of the DVDs you could make some good cash from them.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My collection are movies, dvds and blu-ray, and music albums. They are my most loved sources of entertainment. They give me joy and they are really able to make me feel satisfied.

I collect those movies and albums that have a great impact on me. I collect them because, I don't want to lose them at the same time I want to share them. So when I am asked by someone to recommend either a movie or a music, I can lend him my own recommendation and not just merely recommend.

7. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    Wow what a good question. I don't have a huge collection of anything because I hate clutter and I love throwing things away, lol. But I do have a small collection of magazines. I definitely want to grow that collection when I get some more money. Other than that I also collect nail polish. I like seeing a lot of nail polish together there's something really girly and pretty about seeing a bunch of sparkly pretty colors in the midst of all of the skulls and dark things in my room lol

8. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I collect little Star Wars figurines.
    Well, not just Star Wars, but they do make up around 75% of my collecting, it's not a very big collection, but looking up new additions keeps me busy and is a lot of fun :)

9. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to collect stamps but it got lost when we moved to a new place. Now I collect coins (I'm a numismatist :D). I collect any types of coins both old and new. I have in my collection - commemorative coins, old pre-world war 2 coins, coins from other countries, etc..

What I love about collecting coins is when my brothers or sisters would go out of their way to collect coins when they are in other countries and then give it to me when they got home. My coin collection actually grew mostly because of their efforts. :)

10. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    I collect dice. I like going to gaming stores and toy stores with my friends and looking at their assorted dice. I usually leave with a couple. Usually they are pretty cheap, unless you get the really fancy ones made of bone, metals, stone, etc. The ironic thing is that I don't even use these dice, since I'm not a fan of tabletop games like my friends are. So my dice just sit in a box and never get played with.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to collect music stuff, like concert t shirts and posters ,and records but I sold my entire music collections on eBay so that my daughter and I could move to a better apartment.
    Currently I only collect video games and anime DVDs. Although letting my music collections go hurt at first, it was worth it and since I only collect two things now, I don't spend as much money or have as much clutter.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Makeup! I'm not a big collector, there is nothing else I love enough to collect. But I do have a big "makeup collection"... I'm not sure if it counts as something you collect!