What do you do when the drive thru messes up your order?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by jleadbet • Aug 27, 2012.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I question the deliverer the reason about the error, but I don't complain with him/her (because I know he/she has nothing to do with the error). Then I call to the store to complain with the right person and find out how my problem will be solved.

2. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    I usually check before I leave too, but when accidents happen, which they sometimes do, I either call the place or go up the chain to their corporate offices and complain. You know when you make a complaint to their headquarters, they will usually send you something in the mail for free. Sometimes it's a free meal when all that was wrong was the order of fries. I have gotten a lot of freebies this way by just reporting a customer service issue or by reporting that something was missing or that it was the wrong order. I mean since this is the savings forum, I think it's important for you to know that it is a way for you to save and a way for them to correct whatever issues they are having in that particular branch. this doesn't just work with food either. There are a lot of companies that want to keep you as a customer, so they will throw in something for free when you call to complain.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've experience this one time but not at McDonald's. Good thing is that I always check my orders before leaving in case they've given me the wrong item, it'll save me the hassle as well. I've also experience having the wrong order a few times with other food chain but I don't get mad or pissed because I understand that crews sometimes make mistakes especially if there are a lot of customers and they're too busy getting orders.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    That has already happened to me when I ordered donuts from Krispy Kreme, but even if I was already aware of it since I saw in the receipt that it was the wrong variant, I just shrugged it off since I am interested to try out new flavors anyway. Unfortunately though, I did not like the wrong donut that they gave me, its name is "Salted Caramel".

I also had a couple of wrong orders when I ordered for delivery, like the size of my soda being wrong. It's smaller when I told them to upsize it. I wasn't able to complain since it's delivered, so I just let it be.

5. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    I'm telling you guys if you complain to the right people you can get free stuff. they will send you coupons in the mail. now I'm not saying make stuff up just to get freebies, but if they messed up and you don't say anything, then they don't learn. I always say something even if I'm not going to get anything from it. I don't want the next customer to go through the same issue.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I usually check my bag and if there is any problem with the order, it would have to be corrected then and there and I would not be exiting the line until my order is right no matter the amount of protest from the others who are behind me. I have not really had a problem like this before, however.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The chance of losing a lot of money due to constant bad fast food checkouts is very low. Therefore, I'd rather just ignore the situation. Anyway, I'd probably want to eat at the same place again, so I'd want to avoid getting the image of being a complainer. Nonetheless, though, if nobody complained, then I guess things would never improve, right?

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know what I never had a negative thing happen to me at McDonalds or other fast food places. I happened to go to McDonald's at a rush time. There were about 10 people in front of me and about 7 people in the back of me always while I was walking to place my order. Finally I placed it and got my order and had a question about my unsweetened ice tea. They were very patient and I sat down to eat. While I was waiting to place my order about 3 people ahead of my, the woman had a special child that made noises and everyone didn't stare, but was it ever different. I thought as I watched the child who looked to be about 9, ahh a special needs child. Then people seemed to just relax with it. She placed her order, with on one making a scene for they understood he was a special needs child, she paid and went. My order was always correct and people are friendly and polite when I go to McDonalds. I love their 2 for $3 McPick! Sorry to hear that some had negative experiences.