What Do You Do When You Don't Receive The Item.

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Binu • Dec 28, 2016.

1. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I purchased a tab on eBay. The seller had a good rating, therefore,I trusted him. It has been almost 5 months, but I have not received the item. When I asked the seller, he sent me a tracking code. When I search the code,it says "shipped," however, the postal carrier in my country say the product has not arrived. What do I do.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Did you tell the seller that you haven't received the item yet? 5 months is too long. You should have told him that you haven't received the item the first month or when it reached the maximum time your item should arrived. And is there any feedback of the seller wherein customers haven't received their items as well? I haven't bought gadgets from eBay yet so I don't know about their buyer protection protocol.

So I guess the best thing to do is to tell the seller that you have not received the item and since it's been 5 months, you have the right to ask for a refund.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A good rating isn't always genuine, so first of all is the tracking number consistent with the company, as in does it exist and is it the right number of characters?

If the shipment is insured the sender could claim on the insurance, that is what is usual but 5 months maybe too long to claim. It depends on what the item is as well, plus eBay will ask why you didn't raise this sooner.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If you believe you have been tricked, contact PayPal or any service you purchased it with and they'll refund your money with his account. Either that or contact the delivery service and make sure that's the item you ordered first. Sometimes, delivery companies lie and keep the item. That's what happened to me once and I had to go to the delivery office. They had my item and the employee confirmed that they didn't go to my house to deliver. They do that to save money and time.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought from ebay and it arrived within the first week after i placed the order and I was quite happy about it. I'm sorry you hadn't received your item yet. Work together with the seller to see what can be done now. Check the tracking and work together with the seller and company or usps to see what happened to the package. Since the seller has shipped it and now it seems lost via the shipper, see what can be done now. Find out if it had insurance on it, see what the shipper says and let the seller know you had not received your package and you've been more than patient, waiting 5 months. Good luck and I hope you finally receive your package. Sometimes the package I waited for from amazon did not come and I always write the seller about it saying looking forward to working together with you on this. Once the tracking had ups when it was actually shipped usps, it arrived though after a few days of me contacting the seller at amazon. Good luck again.

6. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    Get a refund according to Ebay's own process. They will always make it right. First you give the vendor the chance to make it right. If they don't Ebay will. You work out from the source. Paypal or the credit card would be third on that list but you will not get to them because unless you actually signed for the delivery, Ebay will refund every single time. That's exactly why you use Ebay or Amazon, but also why you use paypal or a credit card, and never a debit card and never direct with vendor. Stick with companies that will always side with the customer.