What do you do when you get bored ?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by edvisual • Aug 24, 2012.

1. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    What do you do when you get really bored?

I always call my friends and ask them to come over at my house and play some games or something just to kill the time. I also like going outside and lay on the lawn and start looking at the sky and daydream.

2. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to watch shows on Netflix or surf Facebook and Pinterest when I'm bored.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I watch youtube videos, netflix, etc. I also go out to various public places and people watch. I find the best place to do this is my local airport. Its very close to where I live. I know it may sound like I am a wack a doo, but I love watching the people coming and going. It can be very entertaining.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I always love watching a movie or playing the guitar when I'm bored (and when I'm amused too, lol)

5. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    Hard question. I rarely have time to get bored. I sleep when I get bored after job-house cycle :) I also read books or watch movies. Rarely play videogames.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I daydream when I'm bored for some reason. I also watch YouTube videos of reviews and music performances. I don't have a lot of time to be bored because I have to work, but when I have downtime I like to watch Youtube, and I like to daydream of being a famous writer. :D

7. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I always have what I call downtime. I don't like to consider it boredom. This is when I do my projects as I like to call them. Sometimes I call a friend, surf the Internet or yes do some cleaning I have been putting off. Usually though you'll find me at the sewing machine or in front of my easel. I try to make my downtime productive.

8. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    At times, I may get to a telephone and have a very long conversation with one of my relatives or friends. Alternatively, if I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone, I can always get my computer out and get busy. Just like I'm doing right now. You can always find something to do. If you have a computer and an Internet connection, you would never be bored is endless.

9. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I just watch youtube whenever its boring. Most of the time, I watch music video on it and some stand up comedian in youtube.

10. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    When I am bored I will go watch movies on Netflix and Hulu, or I will go on to YouTube to listen to music.

11. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    I either do something productive like going out on a jog. Listening to music is also another huge possible alternative, or just randomly browsing things on the interweb.

12. sarahlou773

sarahlou773Member

Threads:
    I look for things on eBay that i can sell on :) I like to think of ways to make some extra cash when I am bored! Productive boredom :)

13. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I never get bored, even though I have health issues and am not as active as I'd like to be. I'm a freelance writer, and there's always a project in the pipeline. I try to swim for an hour each day to help keep my joints mobile, and I love reading when I'm not doing anything else. We also go out to lunch once a week or so with friends, and with shopping, cooking and keeping our apartment and garden tidy, I never seem to have time to be bored.

14. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    I play games on my ps3. And some other times surf net and watch videos..

15. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I saw some great ideas on how can I spend my time in the near future when I get bored.
    I would definetely try to do more productive things rather than just daydreaming all day and inviting my stupid friends to come over, haha

16. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    When I get bored, I tend to watch or do something that entertains me. I love laughing and lounging, so that is more or less what I do when I am bored. I know, I am a very boring person but that is okay with me.

17. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Sleep, surf the internet, watch tv, go for a walk, go to the movies, or sometimes cooking. The most boring times are always Sundays. But that'll change soon because football season is about to begin! However, with winter approaching, Saturday's will now be boring since I won't be able to do outside-the-house activities for about 9 months.:eek:

18. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    When I get bored, I do some kind of craft, watch TV, read, or play some music. Playing music makes me happy and making jewelry makes me happy also. Sometimes when I get bored I make latch hook rugs and this will keep you busy for days on in, it depends on the size of the rug that you are making, though. That's fun for me because I like to see it all come together.

19. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    What exactly is a latch hook rug? I take it it is not a rug that you can attach to the back of a pickup truck and then sit on and ride down the street behind the truck?:eek:

20. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    When i'm bored I will just usually watch television or watch a movie. Sometimes I will play a game on the PC like World of Warcraft. I usually don't have to be bored though cause I'm always busy doing something whether it is working, cleaning, cooking, or running errands.