What do you do when you get bored ?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by edvisual • Aug 24, 2012.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm rarely bored. When I need to take a break or wind down, I will watch television. Sometimes I will visit the local bookstore or library. I also enjoy drinking chai tea at Starbucks.

2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    When I get bored I either listen to music or go out shopping with my friends. Or I will go visit family.

3. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I do a few depending on my mood.

- Watch How I Met Your Mother
    - Watch some movies
    - Go on forums which I am interested in
    - Blog (Although I stopped my blogging affairs for the meantime.)

4. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Similar to what others here do. I will watch something on tv, call my sister, go window shopping, read a book/magazine or surf the internet. But I don't find myself getting bored very often.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually play games read a book or just watch a movie.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't often get bored, when I do I will take a long walk, dance around a little, or dream about crafts I want to do when I move into my own home.

7. Syd Arthur

Syd ArthurNew Member

Threads:
    My mum always used to say 'only boring people get bored' which really annoyed me into finding something interesting to do! I still do get bored and still have to find interesting things to do!

It all depends how much spare time I have. If its a couple of days or longer then I usually plan a trip somewhere or take on some sort of project. If its a few hours then I like to hang out with friends, play games, read books, listen to music , watch tv and all the other usual things.

I think its important to have a few hobbies. I collect records, write short stories, make bits of simple furniture, fly kites and a few other things. When I get bored I can turn to one of these hobbies.

8. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever get bored. I am always doing something. Either working on my online biz, read,being with my kids or doing house work or some dyi.

9. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    When I'm bored I walk around or go someplace to have fun like in the arcade to play Tekken! :D Sometimes I also call friends and tell them to come over and play some basketball in our backyard. It really depends on my mood and whoever is available to hang out with. :D

10. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    ^
    Its nice to play with your friends right? :) I remember when I was able to play with my friends as well and it was so much fun. Too bad college came along and we need to go our separate ways to pursue our dreams. Ever since then I've been dreaming of the time when we will all get reunited.

11. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of things, youtube, search online for new ways to make money, watch a movie, go outside with my kids, take a nap, start making my grocery list, tickle my kids etc... lol

12. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    I rarely have time to get bored because what I usually do on a daily basis is go to the office and work for 10-12 hours give or take then eat, sleep, surf the net and read japanese conics if I have time.

13. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    i bust out my phone and either play a game , listen to an audio book, or music.

14. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    When I get bored,sometimes I just sleep it off. And if that doesn't work, I watch some movies on my computer. And I tend to play some games too.

15. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Bringing up three kids by myself means I am rarely bored and because I work from home, if by some small chance I do get bored, I work, which never bores me because I am lucky enough to be doing my dream job. :)

16. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I get on my pregnancy forum and hang out/talk with my due date buddies. I watch TV. I might even look at videos on youtube.

17. mslianne

mslianneNew Member

Threads:
    I always play video games with my brother. :) I really love playing video games it makes me feel excited and happy all the time. I also watch movie with my family or with my bestfriend. :) I also listen to any other kind of music like R&B songs. :)

18. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    Looking at the sky and daydream is something that I catch myself doing when i am in deep thought or bored. Star gazing in the night sky is cool. When I am bored I like to listen to music, read a book, dance, play with my dog, kids or husband, watch t.v or play online games when i am not at work. If I get tired of ALLLL those mentioned, I'd go for a nice drive for some air or to hang out.

19. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Open up random videos on youtube, read some random articles on wikipedia, check some threads on some forums i got bookmarked, or just lay down and enjoy the peace and quiet, sometimes i need that to refill my energy.

20. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    It is not common to find me bored since it is like every time I am on the move. While particularly during my free time I am playing the guitar I sometimes tend to play my PC games at other times. I also love soccer and during such I either watch a live match if it is or revisit some old games that were played sometimes back. Through this way I have found my things work well.