What do you do with books when you've finished reading them?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by WitchyPop • Mar 8, 2013.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I keep most of my books and have bookshelves, after a couple of years, I read them again.
    If I decide not to keep a book, I donate it to my local public library for their sale room. My books are treasures to me, when I find a really good one, I hang on to it forever.

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For textbooks and practical guides, I just put them in an area where I could easily find them so that when I need quick access, I could easily find them. For pocket books and novels like Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia, I neatly place them in a rack to be displayed in the living room.

3. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    Nowadays ebook is popular. so a little curious. would you like insist to buy paper books? which type?

4. Sharon

SharonNew Member

Threads:
    After reading a book if i find this interesting so i keep them in my library to read this again or i give anyone else in the aged home to read this, actually i live in aged home here most of the old guys like to read books to spend their time. Some books like novels are really interesting I used to read again to memorize the whole story. If we talk about the poetry books these all of us used to read again.

Fairways Supported Living

182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia

Phone : +61 1300 765 051

Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.

#24May 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  5. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I keep my books. My drawer is full of unread, or read books. I don't know what to do with them since a lot of them I have no use for. I might donate them to libraries and such, but I'm too lazy to do that.

6. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Our family sorts through our book collection every year. Books are things that we believe should be enjoyed by as many people as possible so once our family is done with a particular book we donate it to libraries or organizations that cater to under privileged youths. We do however have favorites we just can't let go of like The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Percy Jackson Series and Harry Potter books for my kids. We also donate some to churches.

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Most books that i read are from my friends, because i don't have that much dispensable income, so i usually just give them back. For those i buy, i keep them if i like them, which is not that rare.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I own a few books only because I prefer to download e-books instead, but when I have finished reading a book, I just keep it for future re-reading.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our children's books go to libraries and my books go on a shelf. I've seen how the Salvation Army and Value Village type places work, so I don't give them anything. I'll give to friends before donating items until I find a worthy place.

10. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    i donate them to my juniors .. and at the current there is a tradition of renting and selling the used books to the various online book stores and i am considering these options as well..

11. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    I will donate my books to the library that is located in area and they will keep it if they don't have a copy or else will sell it and use that money for getting valuable new books.

12. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    There is a bookhouse near my house where in you can exchange you used books. Sometime I will just pay small amount depending of what book I have and the book I'll get, sometimes they also pay me if they think the worth of my book is more than the book I want to get. But if you want a brand new books, you need to buy it. The exchanging books are only allowed to the used one. I also sell some of my books, some I gave to my friends.

13. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Place them on their shelves or in their storage containers until I'd like to read them, research from them, and/or loan them out later. I buy books to keep them, not to sell them off.

14. hellspawn

hellspawnNew Member

Threads:
    In the house where i live, people often leave books downstairs in where the papercontainers are. You can just take them home, which i think is a nice idea.
    Some of my books i keep and some end up there.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually buy books to keep them forever too, but sometimes my collection gets out of control and I have to let some things go to make more space. It sucks but that's small apartment living for you.

16. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    For me its comicbooks. I never really like reading something without any illustrations and I do collect them and take good care of them and maybe someday I could sell them at a higher price since comic books, like books get really pricy after some time especially if they are limited edition copies or not. Sometimes, some comic book companies release different cover variations for a specific title to promote and I do collect everything. I currently have a room just for my comic books, and that doesnt include my baseball and basketball trading card collection. :)

17. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I don't buy that many books for myself. I usually just take them out from the library and I also have a Kindle so a lot of times I'm not reading a physical book. We do however have a million kids books. When we feel like clearing out the shelves I always donate them. I just can't throw them away. Sometime I will donate them to a library, or other times I will put them in a book donation drop box.

18. adeleinthesea

adeleintheseaNew Member

Threads:
    When I finish books if I love it I normally keep it and not just for decoration on the bookshelf. I read my favorites over and over. But there is a bookstore I go to where you can sell your used books to them for credit to buy new books from them. Its a second hand book store and for frue literature fans I'd suggest you all look around your area to find somewhere similar!

19. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I am a collector of hardcover books, which most of the books I own are hardcovers. I usually put the books back to my mini library shelf in my room when I've finished reading them. I don't usually sell my books or give them to my friends because I only purchase the books I really like.

20. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    It all depends on a wide range of perceptions. Some times I keep them for my collection considering that I personally love re-reading…simply I just see it like visiting old friends for a drink. Whenever am satisfied with their content and don’t feel like stocking them in my book shelves anymore I either donate them to friends or return them to the library if at all I had borrowed them. If I had downloaded them from eBook I mostly delete them considering that I may not need them anymore and to be specific they are occupying a lot of my storage space.