What do you do

Discussion in Travel started by adbarnes • Nov 11, 2013.

1. adbarnes

adbarnesNew Member

Threads:
    When taking family vacations or just traveling period for a long period of time it can be a completely boring. I love to do things and find new things to occupy my time and the passengers times until we reach our destination. What type of things you guys like to do? What type of ideas do you all have that can include everyone (including the driver) that makes a long trip seem like loads of fun.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We usually play road games.. there are sites dedicated to it, that list a bunch of games you can play. Most often though, we enjoy the quiet time. The kids will bring books to read, or whatever gaming device their into and I'll zone out on the scenery and listen to music.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Well, my family likes to nap and we also listen to suit or we eat(haha).
    We don't really play games because we are too concerned with napping or looking out the window or eating and we are pretty content in this way.

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I usually read my books on my tablet, and I sometimes watch TV and movies on it to just pass the time. My parents would sometimes grab something to eat while they are talking any topic they want. We usually buy snacks to go along with our trip, which is a must because we love to eat while traveling.

5. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I usually read books on my Kindle, or if I'm tired I just sleep. Sometimes I play on my Nintendo DS too.
    My parents always talk so it's never boring.

6. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I don't think it really involves other people and my family too but I personally love reading novels and browsing my computer. I love it when I can post new updates on Fb concerning my experience down there. I as well love writing as it is my career. Not only this i would also watch movies and other videos such as the ones from YouTube.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I can't go anywhere without my computer, and when I'm not having fun with my family or enjoying a meal together, I'm usually at my computer doing what I regularly do.

I don't see the point to go having vacation fun and put aside everything else when you can take it with you anywhere, only that changes is the time that I devote to be online, mostly less when I'm with my family.

8. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    We have found that road trips are defined by: 1) the soundtrack, 2) the food, and 3) the spontaneity of pulling over for points of interest. None of these things even include the actual destination, which makes the journey much more fun, and the destination can wait on ahead. My friends and I drove through WYOMING two summers in a row, once up the east side, the second time up the west side. The west side should have been the cooler trip (through Yellowstone), but we actually loved our hilarious adventure through the east side, going through towns like Chugwater, surprised by the Frontier Days in Cheyenne, and finding a natural bridge park. And we always have GREAT music to sing along to while we were just happily riding in the car!

9. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Playing board games and solving riddles are one of the things we do when dealing with long trips. We also do some jingle singing while on the road.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I'm traveling by car, then I let my wife do the driving. Being free thus I simply lean back on my seat and tell stories to the kids about how things were so much better in the past. . .

It's a fun way to pass time.

11. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    When I'm traveling with my friends, singing out loud to every song on the radio makes our trip really fun. We forget how long the trip is and before we know it, we are in our destination.

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Aww. Storytelling is always a good thing to do to pass time.

13. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I personally either read, listen to music, text, or play games on my phone. Basically what most young people would do when bored lol.

14. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I like to hike and see historical sites. There is culture everywhere, and there for something special waiting to be discovered in every part of the world. I love historical sites because they are manifestations of the cultures. Each one has a special lesson about humanity and how each can grow different perceptions and cultures to go with them. Of course, I also like to watch a good movie.

15. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    When I travel with my family I love to go to any theme parks, play land, cinema or any other historical place. I am a tourist and I love to explore the whole world. I have been visiting many places with my family and friends. I love the company of both. Friends have their own charm and family have its own magic. I never travel alone because according to me it is the worst thing to travel without any companion.