What do you drink at a restaurant?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Miaka_M • May 20, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    When you go to a restaurant I'm pretty sure that you're splurging a little so what do you drink? Do you drink the most unhealthiest thing there? My brother always gets a coke because our mother doesn't let him drink it at home, so that's his little reward. But me? I stick with water. I usually get it without ice because I heard that the ice care there is pretty horrible at most restaurants. ._.

So, what do you get?

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I usually drink soda. Most restaurants offer free refills on soda and I am not into alcohol. Only on rare occasions do I drink wine. I can enjoy a glass of white wine.

3. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I drink a lot of coke cola when my and I go out to eat. My wife likes to drink Dr. Pepper without ice. But given the choice, I always go strawberry lemonade or strawberry smoothie if it is available. Though we usually go to McDonald's to purchase their value drinks.

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I try to stick with water most of the time but sometimes I just can't stop thinking about Coke or Pepsi when I'm dining at any restaurant.

Soy bean and Iced Lemon Tea are another type of drinks I always order in a restaurant.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Beer. I like trying different beers, ales and bitters so I will peruse the beer list to see if they have anything tasty for me to try that I haven't tried before. Unfortunately it is normally Carlsburg, Becks or Cobra beer.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always drink mineral water at restaurants. After a good meal, I like to have a coffee. My tastes are simple. I don't like soft drinks or alcohol, so water is perfect for me on most occasions. :)

7. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I either splurge or save - there is no middle ground. haha. I either get water (which is free) or an expensive mixed drink. I don't drink pop very frequently, so I rarely get that in restaurants. If my boyfriend and I are on a date or something, I typically get a mixed drink.

8. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Just water. I find that most drinks are expensive so I'd rather eat a bigger/better meal than spend on drinks that I can cheaply buy at my local supermarket. If I'm eating out with a group of friend and we decide to have a bottle of wine, that's fine, we share the cost and I accept. But when eating alone, water it is.

9. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a bit fan of having alcohol during meals, so I rarely have beer or wine, not even at home nevermind restaurants where it's more expensive.
    I usually just order a soda or a bottle of water even though I'm not the biggest fan of water either.
    The most alcohol I'll have is a sangria if they make it themselves in certain restaurants, when they mix the wine, fruits and juices themselves it is much better than the premade ones.

10. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    I just get tap water or tea (if I'm at an Asian restaurant). If I'm at more exotic places, I'd get Guarana soda because it is quite refreshing, or fresh guava juice if it's available. At brunch, I'll get a mocha if I am feeling fancy. Very rarely, I will purchase a glass of sangria or a cocktail. I really don't do well with alcohol, so one drink is more than enough. Generally though, I prefer water.

11. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    My answer to this depends on both the nature of the restaurant and which meal I am having. If I am out for lunch, I may have a pop or an iced tea or even just coffee. Sometimes water is all that I want. If, on the other hand, I am having dinner out, I might have beer or wine with my meal. These are my options for a proper sit down dining experience. At fast food places, I will usually forgo the beverage and fries and only have the burger (or what is considered the entree) and will either have water or nothing to drink. If I am eating sushi, it is green tea or beer depending on the place and when I am eating.

One thing that is common for me is that I prefer to sip a beverage with a meal rather than guzzle it.

12. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    I usually drink water unless I really feel like something different. Every once in awhile I'll drink a soda, but not very often. I try to drink a ton of water, no matter where I go.

13. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Usually nothing. I don't want to drink tap water so I don't like it when they give it to me automatically and I have to let it go to waste. Water is the only thing I drink but I prefer a different kind.

14. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    lol Cobra. That's me in a nutshell right there. I also drink beer, primarily. Not a fan of mixed drinks. I like beer on tap, so that's a positive when eating out. The prices are exorbitant but then again that applies to the whole idea of eating out in general. So, can't be all too mad about that.

15. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Mine is usually water with lemon. Most places use filtered water now, so whew! Sometimes it's a Dr Pepper or an unsweet tea. I'll have a margarita for a special occasion or if it's been a long time, lol. But then I always have ice water before or after it anyway.

16. Chicken

ChickenNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of drinking soda with my meal when I go out. I usually stick with Sprite. It's interesting though because in New York I notice that all my buddies also drink soda but in Pennsylvania (where I live now) everyone I know orders water. I'm pretty there are defintie culture changes even between states... pretty interesting really.

17. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I usually drink coke whilst at a restaurant as I never know what else there is that I could drink as I don't drink alcohol and don't like water. Sometimes I don't drink anything if I have had too much coke that day.

18. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Usually just tea usually. I'm not a big drinker and almost never when I'm eating out. I used to drink coke but now it's just tea. Its the same as when eating at home because I think anything sweater ruins the meal itself, and alcohol with food makes me nauseous.

19. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    When I go to a restaurant, I like to try different on tap beers that I don't normally get to drink. As you said, I'm already splurging a bit by going out to eat at a restaurant, so might as well try some new things as well. I've had some of the most delicious beers by trying some new stuff at different sorts of restaurants.

I do try to stick with water a lot of the time though.

20. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually just drink water as well. I don't know what it is about restaurant water because it probably is just tap water but it seems to have a different feel. It just seems fresher to me. For some reason, I get Sierra Mist at the chinese buffet but unless it's a fancy place where they'd have unique drinks like Macaroni Grill, then I'm fine with the water.