What Do You Enjoy Most About Writing Product Reviews?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by AntonioCalcano • Sep 15, 2016.

1. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcanoNew Member

Threads:
    I enjoy writing product reviews and find it pretty fun because I like writing in general about anything, it's a way to express my feelings and to portray an idea; it's also a way of letting other knows your opinions on something and I think all opinions are valuable; in the case of product reviews you're giving insight and informing others how the product behaves, and that way you can actually feel important when other people read your opinions and make an informed decision.

2. Staralfur1999

Staralfur1999New Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it's mainly just a love of writing in general. And there can be a constant stream of products to review, so you can do it whenever you get time without worry of running out. I kind of like making lists too. I like organisation and I like separating things into groups. I do it with music as I do with products. I write my thoughts and give a rating so that everything is neatly organsied.

And of course it helps others as well.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say that for me, there's an element of doing it for the love of writing like you two. But the overriding fact of the matter is knowing that my opinion of a product is going to give someone else an idea of what it's like. There's no wrong or right because I'm simply giving others insight into my own personal experience of the item. Whether good or bad, I'm helping others make their own decision on whether or not to try it out.

4. Staralfur1999

Staralfur1999New Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I understand that feeling too. The feeling that giving your opinion on something is going to effect the future of other products. Even the littlest insight and opinion can offer improvements for a new product or revisions of an existing product.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Exactly!! I like the fact that my review can help someone else out with a decision.

6. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    While I do enjoy being able to help people make decisions based on my reviews, I do also like writing itself. I mostly like writing positive reviews because it reminds me of how happy I am with the product and how grateful I am for having it. I guess it makes me appreciate it more. Plus there are a lot of negative reviews out there so its' nice to be able to write a positive one for a good project.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy paid reviews due to the fact that I get in touch with my analytical faculties. I have to balance between the pros and cons of a product. Paid reviews are not about flattery but are about honesty with skillful use of words to bring out the real picture but with an overly optimistic outlook.

8. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really done any product reviews yet. What I have done is reviewing movies. That was fun. I was hired to review a list of movies, all of which had dogs as the main characters. It wasn't exactly a quick and dirty job. I had to look for the movie, download it, watch it, read the reviews and research the background of the canine hero before I can write the review. However, it was fun. In the first place, I like dogs. So I was getting paid for doing what I would have done for pleasure.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess I will also enjoy a paid product review because it would be like earning with leisure. Writing a product review is like checking on a particular product particularly with the details including the upside and downside of the product. And when the review is good then more likely I would be buying the product especially if I have a reason to buy it. However, I haven't written a product review yet because I still have to go to a site that pays for product review.

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think reviews that are unbiased are important especially when a product is new. It helps the manufacturer see any issues or flaws, and also it helps people to see the pros and cons.

I write reviews on beauty products, and I look at the value, quality, and effectiveness. People can tell when a review is genuine or not, and I have had some good feedback about my reviews.

11. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    As someone who has benefited a lot from having read product reviews before making a purchasing decisions, and being grateful that people too the time out to write them, that mine would cause the same things. Hopefully someone out there reads it and saves themselves some money or buys something that is just that great that I recommend it.

12. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    Although it's good that there are product reviews to help us make a buying decision, I noticed that many product reviews are just very thinly veiled advertisements for the products. Some of them only talk about the pros and keep totally silent on the cons. That's the kind of product reviews which I would discount and ignore.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like rz3300 I have had help reading reviews on products, so I write product for helping others as reviews helped me. I take the time to write product reviews, but when I get questions about the product I don't know about I always refer them back to manufacturer.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe .....I sometimes get that, where people will start asking questions that can only be addressed by the manufacturer and frankly, I find it weird LOL I mean, I would have thought it was obvious how far anyone can go as consumer. Yet the questions just keep on coming. That's the side of writing reviews that I sometimes find very frustrating. If course, I don't mind answering questions within the confines of my experience of using products, but surely it's obvious what type of questions are best left to the company?!

15. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    To me, writing reviews is about expression. I only write reviews when A. I am really happy B. I am really unhappy. For the in-between products, I generally write a sentence at most or maybe "its good" or "its ok" or something.

16. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    I like pointing out issues or benefits of a product that other reviewers haven't described, especially when I feel it would affect a purchaser's decision to buy the product. If it would have helped me in my decision to buy I figure it might help someone else too. Some items are described well and have lots of reviews, so then I don't bother leaving a review for those items, but for items with few reviews or with not very detailed information, I like to leave reviews for those. Reviews are especially important for online only products when you can't look at it up close in the store!

17. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I, generally do a lot of online shopping. It is not possible to write reviews for each and every product, but I do write a review in extreme cases. If the product is exceptionally good, or a product is not up to my satisfaction... I write reviews in both such cases. As I get benefited by others reviews, I too want people to know about a product through my experience.

18. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have not written a lot of product reviews and I don't write reviews every time I buy a product. However, I have written product reviews and my reviews have been rated favorably. I feel that if you buy something, it is your responsibility as a consumer to tell the world about the product: Is it good,is it bad, is it average?
    The only reason why I don't write a lot of product reviews is I don't have time and I always dillydally doing reviews.

19. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    It's a big thing for me to think that I've helped someone because of what Information I have given no matter how small help it may be. And I love writing about anything too. And I get to read a lot of information too while doing It, which gives me a lot more of ideas to share.

20. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    As others have already said, for me the best part about writing product reviews is that your helping other people make a choice and what you say is influencing what they should and shouldn't buy. These days I usually only write a review of an item if there aren't that many reviews already on there because if there are a lot, most of the time your opinion doesn't count for a lot.

Do people still write a review even if there are hundreds already on there, or are you more like me and only review products now that are relatively new? Is it worth adding your opinions if thousands of others have already done the same?