What do you hate about the drive-thru?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MrsJones • Jan 6, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Has anyone else noticed that places like McDonald's make their Dollar Menu so difficult to read? They keep re-designing their menu's every time they roll out new sandwiches or other items, but each time they do, it seems like they make the dollar menu print smaller and smaller and smaller... It's as if they're hoping you'll get fed up and just order one of their prominently displayed combo meals.

Another annoying thing is when you want something like a $1 menu french fry, but they instead charge you for a "small fry" which is like $2.25. I usually have to specify to them several times that I want the value menu fry instead.

One thing I would love to see them do is introduce a second lane for people who want to order and pay for their food via their smartphones. I would love to not have to deal with the drive thru worker screwing up my order, or having to fumble around paying them in person at all. Just place my order on some conveyor belt thingy that passes over the regular drive through lane, and delivers it to me, sort of like how many banks drive thru's operate.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I know this might sound a little silly or dramatic but I have social anxiety and drive thru is always a nightmare for me. I hate that it's often hard to be heard correctly and even when they do, the order is often wrong. I hate when other cars get impatient and honk like that would achieve anything. I hate everything about it really.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Not silly at all. I’ve had some anxiety issues for most of my life, and that’s part of why I avoid drive-thrus. They really trigger said issues, for all the reasons you listed. Really, the only time I don’t utterly detest the drive-thru is when I’m the passenger in someone else’s car, and even then it’s still not too great. Especially if it's all jammed up!

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I hate the most is the company itself.. then once I get there (but don't get there, because I don't want to go to begin with lol), I hate the food. Definitely the food. I especially hate what the food does to people. So everything.. I hate everything about the drive thru lol

5. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    I dislike having to wait so long. Sometimes the cars in front of me have a longer order or are having trouble telling the person what they want, so that means we sit and wait in the car for ages. Another issue is that often the speaker quality is poor, and you have no idea what the person on the other end is trying to say. One more thing that happens quite regularly in drive-thru's is order mess-ups. The number of times that orders are taken down and delivered incorrectly is crazy. Sometimes I feel that I'd be better off just going inside the store and buying it normally!

6. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Oh now you are right about that. How are you going to blow your horn at somebody that has no control over the fact that the people inside are taking forever, HaHa , I will never understand that one either. I hate that they sometimes over charge you or mess up your order and then get an attitude because you bring it to their attention. Also, another thing I hate is you pull up , and nobody acknowledges you and when you say hello trying to see if there is somebody there they get mad. The way I look at it they can at least acknowledge you and say something like, I will be with you in a minute.

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    There are few things about drive thrus that irk me. First it is waiting sometimes in a long line up when you feel your could just go in and place your order. It no longer saves time when there are 5 cars ahead of you in the line. Also, some people order large orders that take a long time to fill, so again this adds to the wait time. Finally I have experience incompetent serving people who get your order wrong and you have to go in anyway to get it corrected. So the convenience of driving up, ordering a quick meal is gone. I prefer to park and go in and order.

8. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    it seems like the order takers never hear you properly when you order. That is what I most dislike about the drive thru. I usually have to repeat my order like 3 times before it is properly heard. The other thing I really hate is that when you go there with something in mind you really want to eat, and they are out of that item!! That is totally annoying.