What do you hate most about the holiday shopping season?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by lrd913 • Oct 19, 2014.

1. Joao Sousa

Joao SousaNew Member

Threads:
    I hate not knowing what to get people lol.

2. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    I know this will sound ironic, but I hate that people are especially polite and caring during the holidays. Why do we only have manners, compassion and thoughtfulness during a "special" time? Why can't people be this nice to each other all year long?

3. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    I hate the thought of people feeling like this is the time to prey on innocent shoppers who just want to buy products for their children, and may have limited funds to do so. People need to find more productive, legit ways to earn money rather than taking from unsuspecting shopping.

4. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    What do I hate about the holiday shopping season? Do you want the "twinkie" answer or a straight one. The twinkie answer would be something like, " yes, that's what I hate about holiday shopping. Ya know...the season."
    The straight answer would absolutely be: For a time when people are supposed to be so giving, happy, joyful, and full of wonder I find that when I go shopping (I don't anymore...hello Amazon) that folks can be rude all the way from the parking lot to the checkout counter. That about sums it up.

5. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I hate that I have to get gifts for people I don't like, just because I know they are going to give gifts to me too. I hate knowing I'll have to look around and estimate how big or how many gifts I should buy to not appear cheap. I hate the vendors who jump on you and present you expensive stuff. I hate realizing that in my online shopping I want items from different sellers, and that shipping might be expensive.

But I love Christmas to pieces.

6. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    I hate places that obviously aren't equipped to deal with the holiday surge. I'm talking to YOU, Best Buy! Every year, I find myself in a line five people deep that takes 20 minutes to check out. I mean, REALLY, Best Buy! Get it together!

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a big fan of the crowds and the traffic that you have to deal with so many people out shopping. The one thing I really do get tried of is the music, the same song over and over gets to be a bit much and they start playing the songs to early to try and get more people to spend money.

8. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    I hate how crowded stores and malls get which is why I do the majority of my Christmas shopping in September and October! The. I try to avoid the mall at all costs until January haha. It's just not worth the extra time spent in lines or how grumpy some people can be!

9. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I hate the way that people get so competitive over gifts, and end up massively overspending. In my opinion, as long as my family members have something to unwrap from me, that shows them that I care, I don't mind how much money I had to spend on it. I will never be the type of person who insists on spending hundreds just to make them think that I care about them more than some other relative who I never see anyway.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of things that I hate about the holiday season, and usually it is that I don't have the money to participate in buying other people gifts back. This year I do - or will - have the money, but I am still not too much looking forward to the holiday season, because shopping is always a pain, I never know whether someone will like their presents from me or not. It is just a stressful time.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy holiday shopping some of the time, but the pressure to "buy something" is what gets on my nerves. I just don't have a lot of extra cash and the pressure of having to get gifts is a problem. Plus I typically have to travel to see family and that is an expense as well. I would rather just spend time with family without worrying about gift exchange.

12. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    For me, as for many others who have already posted, it’s mostly crowds and traffic I hate. It’s a huge part of the reason that when I have money coming in, I shop for gifts throughout the year, especially during clearance sales. At least I can say it doesn’t seem like too many people are terribly rude to one another in my area, though of course there are exceptions.

It also kind of gets on my nerves that the Christmas fripperies, etc. all seem to start coming out before Halloween’s even finished lately. At this rate, we’ll be hearing Christmas carols year-round in the near future! I don’t think I could handle that.

13. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely the crowds and people are stressed so it makes everybody else irritated. I am s glad that I don't work retail because I couldn't how all the moods. Peel can be down right rude during this holiday season. Everybody is looking for that certain gift and will do whatever it takes to get it.

14. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I hate the simplistic and yet costly ornaments sold almost anywhere. I am not against simplicity, but when a ugly piece of fabric has a Santa hat but not really a design or something that make it really cute, I hate how people fall in the insane consumerism buying those... monstrosities, to call them somehow, because one thing is simple and another simplistic.

15. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me it's the sheer volume of the people rushing around at the last minute, trying to grab bargains. Of course, I too contribute to it, but sometimes it's hard to shop in advance when you work full time. At least that's my excuse LOL

16. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Christmas music, the crowds and the sense of blind panic which always hits you. Luckily, I don't have to buy too much in the way of gifts and always organize a grocery delivery round about the 23rd December.

17. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually love the holidays, and even enjoy most of the hype. I don't enjoy the added time it takes to drive anywhere near a store, and I usually avoid malls like the plague during the holiday season. I think it's fun to watch people running around frantically, trying to find something, when they have no clue what to buy. I always have my shopping done ahead of time, so seeing the hustle and bustle (but not being hindered by it) increases my holiday spirit.

18. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    1.) Running into former classmates/friends/coworkers that I haven't seen in years, and I don't really feel like talking to now. Especially if going through some rough period, unemployed, out of shape, etc...

2.) Catching colds from all the idiots who are sick but insist on going out anyhow and spreading their germs and viruses to as many people as they can. One year I caught a throat virus that was so bad they had to prescribe me a high strength Codeine because any time I swallowed anything, even water, it felt like I was swallowing glass.

3.) Having to deal with all the anti-social crazies, who only come out once a year during the holiday season to do their shopping. These are the idiots who block aisles and won't move, get in front of you and walk super slow, send their kids off to grab a few items they forgot to get while you're standing behind them at the checkout, park like idiots either taking up two spaces or parking right up next to you so close you can't even open your car door to get in...

19. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    What I hate most about the holiday shopping season is the crowd. People tend to become very rude during the holiday season. That's where you see the most fights and arguments happen. I like to get my shopping done in peace, where I can take my time looking at prices making sure I'm getting everything I need at a good price. Shopping during the holiday season makes that impossible because you always feel rushed. To avoid all the screaming, fighting and drama, I try to get most of my shopping done online.

20. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I hate how busy and crowded it gets everywhere during this season and I dislike that in all those places there is almost always Christmas songs playing which I really dislike. I do still enjoy the season though but its just natural to get a bit frustrated and stressed during this time too. I also hate that I have to think of and find new gifts and every year it just gets more difficult since after a while you've pretty much bought almost every type of gift for every person.