What do you hate most about the holiday shopping season?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by lrd913 • Oct 19, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I hate is that anyone could hate anything about the holidays lol. I hate that people do nothing but complain most of the year and it only gets worse nearing such a wonderful time. Such first world problems. Yes, there is plenty to test us, but that doesn't mean you should be contributing further to your terrible mood. YOU are doing that to yourself.. not the person that cut you off to get the last parking spot, not the rude cashier, not the horrible, terrible, awful, repetitive happy music or the crowds. If you choose to make christmas about the commercial stuff, that's what you're going to get and if you choose to be grumpy along with the grumpies, that's the sort of holiday you're going to get. While you're off snarking about it all, I'll zip through the sneering, bickering crowds to get home to my family and enjoy every beautiful moment of something that is supposed to remind us what life is all about. It does for me :)

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I really hate how grumpy people get around the holiday season. Yes, there are lots of crowds and people trying to accomplish the same thing you are trying to do, but slow down and enjoy the season. People tend to get upset when they are in a hurry and have to wait for other people. You have to practice a little patience during the holiday season and don't go shopping for gifts if you are in a hurry. The grumpiness of everyone else ruins the shopping experience for me.

3. Noril Salvo

Noril SalvoNew Member

Threads:
    One of the ways to exploit the dark side of the human personality is to let him shop during the holidays where the crowds are fighting tooth and nail for the best deals and breathing space. It such a pain.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Holiday shopping is enjoyable for me mainly because of the atmosphere particularly inside the malls when Christmas songs pervade the air. But what I don't like is the hype they put on the season like pushing it down our throat. It seems like the quality of goods and items are not paramount anymore and the mentality of sales is the order of the day. Like during Valentine's day, the same happens.

5. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    I hate the crowd the most. It's so difficult to get to where you want to be efficiently and quickly, and the lines are horrible. I often spend more time waiting in the line than actually picking what I want to buy. I also hate how the prices suddenly go up at that time of year. Since shop owners know that many people will be impulse or last-minute buying, they just raise the prices. I try to shop for the holidays in advance to save some money nowadays.

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    The rush. I don't understand why some people wait until the holidays to buy all the gifts that they need to wrap. For instance, I will just go to the mall to buy something that I need. Then, all these people would be shuffling and hurrying. I just don't like the crowds and the traffic jams.

7. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Everything!!!! It is the worst time of the year to be shopping period. I hate dealing with the crowds and the lines at the check out lane. I hate that people are so rude and pushy, it just makes you not want to even shop for anything. Oh, and don't let there be a sale, you will get ran over. It's crazy, and you have people that are so greedy and it's just crazy!! I would rather just wait til the rush is over.

8. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    The holiday season definitely brings the worst out of people. I tend to avoid the stores when there's a rush. I prefer physical shopping every time of the year EXCEPT for the holiday season. I just do all my gift shopping on Amazon because of this.

9. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Even though it is to be expected, I hate the long lines at checkout or even worse when there are not enough checkout lanes open. It makes me want to put everything down and leave. I'm a patient person but there are things that I truly do hate about holiday shopping and this is it.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yessss, I hate long lines at the check out or when there are tons of people waiting to check out and they have like two registers open. If I have to stand in line more than 5 or 10 minutes to check out I get cranky, unless of course they have good magazines available.!

11. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I love the low prices, but of course I hate the incredible traffic the stores get and how barbaric people act just to get a product. It's ridiculous to act that way over material goods. People have been seriously injured just because they were trying to get a product. The stigma that comes with it is what I don't like about the holiday season for shopping. I also don't like that things are gone so quickly. Then you can't even get an item because everyone else picked them up. What's great though is that there's layaway so even if you don't get deals, you can pay little by little.

12. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    What I hate most is just certain shoppers. I'm talking about the type of people who will ambush you to get a certain item. Or the type of people who are just plain rude and they know it but are still unapologetic about it. Then you have the little kids running everywhere because their favorite toys are on sale and the parents are not giving in so they have temper tamdrums.

13. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    The lines. Hands down. The lines in stores are crazy. You can't go anywhere without being in an hour long line. You can have one thing in your hand, and people will not be courteous and let you slide when they have two carts full. People get rude and crazy because of a sale or discount, and it's just out there. That's why I try to do most of my shopping online. People get desperate for one good gift, and it's like this is not what the season is supposed to be for.

14. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    My son and daughter in law are older now and I don't do a lot of must have shopping anymore but I used to hate it when the must haves of the season were out of stock everywhere. I honestly started to believe that manufacturers were out to get us parents hooked into the search and paying whatever they asked because they desired to be in the news. And it really bothered me when come January the must haves were all over the stores at a more reasonable price then what I paid. But Christmas shopping is all about putting smiles on your children's face for me so I don't really hate it.

15. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    People who are stressed, angry and always in a hurry make the holiday shopping season a nightmare for everyone involved. People turn into real animals in this time period, nobody cares about nobody and the huge lines make it worse. Sitting for an hour just to finish gift shopping is awful.

Thank God for online shopping.

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just having to do it! I don't have much money, and I don't like feeling compelled to buy presents every year for people. I could call off the gift exchange, but I usually benefit from doing it, so no, I don't think I will! It is kind of a pain to worry a bout shopping though. I would rather not!

17. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I used to work in retail and over the Christmas period it always ruined it for me as we have targets to achieve and the pressure never made it festive.

I don't like the shoppers who are demanding, that expect to be served quickly and also want it wrapped. Things are over priced and it's all about the money these days when it should be about thoughts.

18. MiMichelle

MiMichelleMember

Threads:
    I work in the customer service industry, more specifically a chain hotel spa and I dread the holiday season. Families come down expecting the best deal for the whole family but reality is this is the time we make a good chunk if our money so there will be little to no specials unfortunately.

Also when I'm doing my own holiday shopping I'm lucky enough to be able to avoid crowds by shopping early and during the week. Otherwise I would just give up and give cash because I cannot deal with big crowds and long lines. I have more than once given up on a purchase in a store because either the line was unbearable, the service or even other guest.

I wish everyone luck with their shopping this Holiday Season

19. cheryllei9h

cheryllei9hNew Member

Threads:
    I hate the crowds and having to try to figure out what to get people. I would rather just give people money and gift cards so they an get what they want. It's less stressful. lol.

20. JoyF

JoyFNew Member

Threads:
    Love holiday shopping season, of course but at times deals make people mad and it becomes almost impossible to shop in rush. I'm so much an online shopper and wish I could shop black friday deals online too.