What do you hate most about the holiday shopping season?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by lrd913 • Oct 19, 2014.

1. MichelleVL

MichelleVLMember

Threads:
    There are many things that I hate about shopping during the holiday season, but the things that bother me the most have to be the constant and never ending traffic, not being able to find parking, the long lines to pay, how everything is in utter chaos, and how people act crazy, frantic, and plainly spoken like animals. Sometimes it doesn't even seem like people are doing Christmas Shopping, but more like the Zombie Apocalypse is really going to happen and the outbreak starts on December 24th, and you just have to buy as much as you can before the world ends. Hopefully thanks to online shopping, we might see this less and less as the years go by. Fingers crossed!

2. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm honestly not bothered by the crowds or the traffic or how everyone's in such a hurry. What gets on my nerves is how everyone is in the 'holiday spirit'. As soon as the holidays are over everyone goes back to being rude and selfish. Well not everyone but you know what I mean. It all feels very fake during these times which is very sad.

Another thing that bothers me is how everyone is so involved in the idea of HAVING to get presents for everyone. I remember when I had a regular 9 to 5 job and during this time my coworkers would usually be talking about how in the heck they were going to buy presents this year. It's ridiculous for people to give up other more important things and necessities for simply wanting to follow a trend. Because that's what the holidays is really about, doing what everyone else does. Your kids are not going to die without presents this year, your family won't shun you if you don't have the latest models of everything. What your family wants is your love and time.

Don't mean to be rude or offend anyone. Just in case LOL. It's just my own opinion.

3. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I hate not having any money the most, in regards to the season. I want to buy SO many presents for everyone but never have anything left for the season. I think it would be really fun to gift everyone a couple of things at the same time. I cannot think of anything else I dislike about holiday season. Everything else I pretty much love.

4. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I also hate how much of a commercial holiday Christmas has become. The fact that stores are open on thanksgiving is upsetting to me. I worked retail for many years and I think thanksgiving should be about spending time with family and friends as opposed to shopping and getting deals. In not again black Friday at all but I think stores should be closed on thanksgiving.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    The worst thing about holiday shopping is the people. For it being a season of peace and love, the people are rude and only think about themselves and what they need to get. They don't care that there are other people around. It's like everyone forgets what the holidays are supposed to be about. I did most of my shopping online this past Christmas so it was much easier.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I couldn't agree more. The Holiday sales bring out an ugly side to everyone. They're more selfish, rowdy, and violent. All they think about is their stuff and their gifts for family and friends. While I understand that everyone seeks to have the best Christmas they possibly can, do they really have to hurt others in the process? Every store becomes a battleground during holiday season.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    What I don't like the holiday season is the conspicuous consumption. There is a mass psychology of unbridled consumerism to the emotional and psychological detriment of the less disadvantaged. People fall for sales gimmicks intended to fleece them. Impulsive buying is the rule rather than the exception.

The holiday shopping season is a stressful one courtesy of the multitudes jostling for shopping space. There is much ostentation and frayed nerves as shopping ques to the till become increasingly longer. There is also the clear and present temptation to overspend.

#107Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2016
  8. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @lrd913@lrd913 It is the stress that the time of year does to people that makes them irritable. People are so caught up in their own little world that they don't consider others around them. So they end up getting in each other's way and not giving in. They see giving in as a sign of weakness so they have to argue back and bring about negative situations at a time that should be enjoyable.

Holidays are a stressful time with planning and obtaining all the items needed. Everyone is doing the same thing as well, so the stores can be very busy which takes out the pleasure of shopping.

#108May 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never gone to a Black Friday retail even for it can get very hairy trying to buy something so inexpensive with limited amount of products. Black Fridays got better for at amazon it lasts a week. Prices are good where I shop and I can get things for the whole year that is sold only seasonally like my spray perfumes I get at Christmas and use all year through. I don't have much that I hate during the holiday, except our party givers have all passed. They cooked good, we gathered and had a very memorable time. Guess I hate the holiday season because we don't have our party givers with us any longer. Miss them all.

10. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I can list quite a few things that i hate about the holiday shopping season, people become quite irritated and edgy, The over crowded shopping centers in which many altercations and difficult situations occur and sometimes it leads to arrests.

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    The fake deals (which has become a common practice of most stores) that end up attracting a crowd of customers and leaving the crowded places.

This is extremely annoying... And the worst part (for the stores) is that most people end up not buying anything.

12. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    In my country, traffic is the number one problem. Even if you don't intend to shop at all, you'd get stuck in traffic. And if you go shopping, parking spaces will be full. It's a nightmare. What I usually do is shop earlier. Prices go down early, anyway.

13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Here in my country, people are "tamer" and not that aggressive during the holiday season or during sales. So that's a good thing. The only problem would be the long lines, traffic and difficulty in locating a parking space because of the sudden influx of people wanting to shop because of the holiday season. That's why I avoid shopping during the holidays, it's too much hassle in my opinion.

14. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Everything, especially at Christmas! Crowds, traffic, not being able to park unless you go out early, empty shelves. It's the main reason I have started to do most of my shopping online as I can avoid all that. Customers get annoyed, shop assistants are stressed. I find the whole in store shopping experience really unpleasant abd I'm glad that our online world has brought about the ability to sit at home to browse in comfort looking for cheaper and more original gifts.

15. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I only hate one thing, and that is rude people that feel the need to walk all over the others just for a small item that they can get for a promotion.