What do you know about Australia?

Discussion in Travel started by roki123 • Nov 15, 2014.

1. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I always love to go all around the world for adventure. Let me know what do you know about Australia? These days I have planned to write an article about Australia? I think your views and information can help me to write it in a better way

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am from Australia, so please feel free to ask me whatever you like to know. What kind of article are you writing? Is it for a travelling magazine?
    Australia is a fascinating place, and I miss it a lot when I am working overseas. I mainly miss the wide open spaces, the beach, and our native animals.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I know about Australia has nothing to do with their terrain whatsoever. I know for a fact that Sydney is not its capital city. Canberra is. Sydney just happens to be the topmost tourist destination and not to mention the most entertaining city thus far. Anyway, I know that Australia used to be a place where British prisoners were exiled. It has a great mining industry and it can be as hot as 45 degrees Celsius out there. The country's home to a number of exotic animals including koalas, kangaroos, flying foxes and of course platypus just to name a few.

4. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Dora M! It is quite interesting for me that i found a person who belongs to Australia because i have a great wish to see this region and know about it more and more. So here i would like to know about its famous tourist attractions of its specific and well known area. Can you help me in this matter?

You can tell me about everything that you know about the Australia.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ashlee, there are so many things to see in Australia that I don't know where to start. If you give me an idea which parts of the country you are interested in, I can give you more of an idea what you will find there. We have spectacular beaches, ancient rain forests, vast deserts, unique geological features, multicultural cities, and so much more. Tell me what you want to do and where you want to go, and I'll be happy to help you with any questions that you might have.

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    There's more women down in Australia than men, and every critter there wants to harm or slay you. Also, it's one of the most flat continent in elevation and has creatures found no where else in the world e.g. platypus. There are still nomadic Aborigines that roam the plains of Australia. It's next to the Great Barrier Reef and has many beautiful beaches all around, with most Australians living 100 kilometers from the coast. It's the 6th largest country and is a whole continent in itself!

7. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Dora M ! I am glad to see that you are from Australia and have a great love with your native country. If I am not wrong after reading your posts it seems you are very excited to talk about your beloved homeland. Tell me more about you that where are you from basically and first of all let me know about the top famous beaches of this region???

8. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Dora M! So lets start with the spectacular beaches and ancient rain forests. I would love to explore them first because these types of attractions always grab my attention. When you will suggest me the beaches so don't forget to mention the names of their nearest resorts and the famous activities of the specific beach.

9. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I've been to Australia, but only to the southeast region (Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne) From what I hear most of Australia is desert, which is not very attractive to most tourists. I would like to visit the Great Barrier Reef sometime though :)

10. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Squigly! I have never visited the Great Barrier Reef but i have some detail about it as, It is the world’s largest coral reef system and spread over the approximately 344,400 square kilometers. It attracts the thousands of visitors and fascinates them with its magnificent views and surroundings. have you any information about it?

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm.. I know that they have killer everything there lol..and every beautiful, blonde actress is from there.. and the ozone layer over (or partly over?) them is it's worst... and.... I don't know haha. I used to want to live there until I became afraid of their spiders and other massive killy things lol. It's so beautiful though and I really would love to visit. Just thought of the actors from there too! Omg Australia.. what's in the water over there??

12. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Are you doing some kind of freelance article for a tourist company or something ? Best people to talk to are Australians themselves. I have never been there. Hopefully one day I will in the future. Maybe your article will convince me ;)

13. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Australia is one of most famous travel destinations among all tourists around the world. It is one of largest country and consisted on many islands. No doubt it offers you numerous of fabulous attractive spots but being a nature lover here i want to suggest you some of the best destinations.
    Sydney, It offers plenty of adventures activities,You could have great fun while taking cruises on Sydney Harbour Highlights, Opera house and other are
    Blue Mountains National Park
    Melbourne
    Daintree National Park
    Great Barrier Reef

14. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I have never been to Australia, but I have colleagues from Australia and a cousin who is married to an Australian. I know it to be the place where Kangaroos are very popular. Most of the Australian are animal and nature lovers. They have the Great Barrier Reef. they also have underground cities in the desert. I wish one day, I can visit this beautiful country and a continent.

15. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes i know that lots of Australians have great affection for nature and they want to indulge in it every time.

Really do they have underground cities in deserts? it is quite unique and new for me because i have never heard about it. Can you share the name of any underground deserted city of this region?

16. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Ashlee, I have good experience of Coober Pedy, Australia. It is an awesome place to see in Australia. I have been there about few years ago. It is small but attractive town to see there. About 1,600 residents live there. This city is also well known all over the world due to its opal.

17. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    it seems to be very interested. I am very curious to know about it would you like to share some details about some of them.

18. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Maxwell! I have never been to Coober Pedy but recently I heard about it from my friend. He just came back to this town and showed me it’s some pictures. Here I am sharing some.
    100-Things-To-Do-Before-You-Die-038-Noodle-For-Opals-At-Coober-Pedy.
    396113-coober-pedy.
    396113-coober-pedy.
    coober-pedy-098.

Attached Files:

19. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Ashlee! You have shared nice images and introduce a new destination in Australia. It is really new for me. I read about it the first time and your shared images leave a good impression of this destination. I think your more posts will help me to know more about this beautiful destination.

20. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Ashlee I agree with roki123, your shared photographers are breathtaking. I really liked them. I personally went there but have no images of this destination because I forgot my camera at home. It looks awesome in photos as looks in real.