What do you know about Australia?

Discussion in Travel started by roki123 • Nov 15, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I only know of the things I've seen on tv. From what I understand the food and restaurant scene there is booming in a way that's above the average of any other country's excluding all the other major ones. Also, I know that there are some scary insects there but I don't think they are that rampant. I've heard of stories of insects popping up at bathrooms maybe once or twice within a few years.

2. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Really Maxwell ! it looks awesome as seems in photos . You have increased my curiosity to visit this amazing land. I hope both of you will help me to decide where to go there and where to stay during my trip to Coober Pedy ? I am still waiting Ashlee for your reply. I think Maxwell ! you also can help me in this matter.

3. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    roki123!

is one of most amazing deserts, where you could have some of really worthwhile views of nature's beauty. Here you could visit numerous of stunning and alluring attractive places.Here i am going to share some of famous attractive spot's name and secured all info through a site link. I am sure if you will visit there had a most remarkable and pleasant journey there.
    Crocodile Harry's Underground Nest
    Desert Cave
    Saint Peter & Paul's Catholic Church
    The Big Winch Scenic View Café
    The Painted Desert
    The Underground Art Gallery
    Goanna Land
    341422-ac9dbbcc-78e3-11e3-ad16-5b01da53a32e.

Coober+Pedy+Under+Ground+Hotel.

coober-pedy-underground-church.

file9a59ee4db3074e70b3b8a1620d5a41e4.

Attached Files:

4. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Kylrey! you have shared amazing photographs and interesting post that with me. After reading your post it seems that you had great information about this region and had a great time there. Can you talk about The Big Winch Scenic View Café and The Painted Desert briefly?

5. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Sure roki123! The Big Winch View Cafe is one of most famous and attention garbing place of this region. where you could enjoy best tasty and traditional food of that region. I must suggest you if you ever visited there don't forget to take a visit of that place. You are gonna love this place. :)
    The Painted Desert.... Wow a lovely place for nature and art lovers. It is an area of desert where you could enjoy stunning views of hills. Which are form in results of raining. But looks alike different colorful or shaded hills. like an painters work even don't forget to visit there as well.

6. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Months ago I can't remember when I saw a documentary film about Australia and that this continent is where they send the hardened criminals from UK. So theres a penetentiary somewhere and when they got out and theyre there to stay. Can't remember the title of the film though.

7. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    etc! Are you keen of traveling ??? lf you are then must take a visit there i am sure you are gonna love this place, more then documentary movie....I'll granted it.........;D

8. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Kylrey, I must appreciate your knowledge about this region. Would you like to tell me about some other best and most visited places of this region? Maybe I will go there soon in coming future.

9. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Hy Maxwell! i was just taking about Australia as a new user "etc" told that he read a documentary about that region so i suggest him to must take a visit there. As you know above discussion is all about Australia and its attractive spots. Do you want to know about some specific region then must ask me. I hope i could give you a satisfied answer.

10. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Like what many of the rest have said, Australia is a gorgeous place. It is a continent in itself, divided into many states. Cities in Australia differ from one another in their own unique ways! Melbourne and Sydney are known for their hustle and bustle and are popular spots among tourists visiting down-under. These two are the larger cities in Australia and are highly populated. Following close behind is Brisbane. Beside Brisbane is Gold Coast, reknowned for the many theme parks there as well as the gorgeous beaches. Quieter cities of Australia would include Adelaide in South Australia as well as Canberra, the capital of Australia. Each city/state has its own charm. South Australia for example is well-known for the wines produced from that region. Be sure to visit Barossa Valley if you're there!

In general, Australia is a beautiful country with beautiful countrysides, vineyards, nature reserves, wildlife and great shopping in the CBDs for those who prefer urban-life! It also is home to some of the world's top beaches, so be sure to visit them while you're there! It does help that most of the major cities are near the coast!

11. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I know that there are Kangaroos in Australia. I met a girl from Australia and she told me that it gets really hot over there as well. She also told me that a flight to the States can take a really long time.

12. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Hy rolly booz! I am sure your shared info is really informative and beneficial for me as well as for all other visitors. I would love to make a visit of Barosse Valley during my upcoming tour to that region. Your shared info really shows about your traveling interest. Let us know about your favourite travel destinations......

13. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Hey Kylrey! Thanks for that! I've actually been living in Australia for a period of time and that's why I've visited quite a few of these places during my time here. I'm glad you're coming here! For my favourite travel destinations, I can't exactly say I have a favourite since I just like travelling and seeing the world's many beautiful places. Each country and continent has their own charm, be it the natural landscapes, food, people or cultural norms. I guess Australia would be one of my favourites as it is a rich mixture of the above factors I've mentioned. In terms of nature, nothing beats those vast plains and fields you'll get to see in the country. Bushwalking is also a favourite activity among tourists and locals and gives you the best opportunity to experience the beauty of Australia. Each state has something it is famous for and hence it will be impossible and unfair to only name a few! I'm currently based in South Australia and if you're into nature, check out the Flinder's Ranges, Barossa Valley, Kangaroo Island, Victor Harbour (not so much nature only!) etc. In terms of culture and the arts, you will not go wrong anywhere in Australia! For food, I wouldn't say Australia has many particular regions famed for truly unique cuisines, but I may be wrong on this. What I do know is that due to the large numbers of immigrants to Australia, you can literally get any cuisine you wish especially in the bigger cities. The best part is that most of this food is cooked by natives and taste as good as it's going to be! Have fun in Australia!

14. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Hy rollybooz! I also wanna take a long weekend tour to Australia and wanna explore its most of beautiful attractive spots. Here your reply is really worthwhile for me. After reading your answer, i really got some useful tips for my journey as well. I would love to enjoy that favourite activity among the other tourists. :)
    I am a huge fan of nature lover and always looks for such places where i got enjoy nature's fabulous views and charm. These all attractions are looking ideal destinations. I would love to make a visit there during my tour. Would you like to share some details about Kangaroo Island and Barossa Valley, i am keen of to know about them and curiously waiting for your reply. :)

15. primaLucid

primaLucidNew Member

Threads:
    Australia has amazing wildlife. When I went to Australia almost 10 years ago, I remember going on many safaris and visiting zoos. The wildlife in Australia is unique because it houses some of the most exotic creatures in the world. Seeing emus and kangaroos roaming the grassland is a surreal experience. The penguins of Australia are also very neat to check out because they are coastal penguins, as opposed to typical penguins. They are smaller than normal, so they were very cute to see firsthand. The food in Australia wasn't too great, but Sydney was definitely one of my favorite cities to visit.

16. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah you are absoulutely right primaLucid! Australia is one of most promising and famous places, where you could enjoy best sightseeing of animals of wildlife. It is home of plenty of wild animals.
    If you know ever visit there then must take a visit of Ying Chow Restaurant. This is Chinese restaurant of Australia as i am a huge fan of Chinese food i have my best meal there. Must have a meal there i am sure you will gonna love this place. E-Shand chicken is one of my favourite one dish. :)