What do you live without to save money?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by mariaandrea • May 19, 2012.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go out as much. I hate that I cut back on going out, because I really feel like I should go out more. However, going out is so expensive! Last weekend I was supposed to go out with a friend, but she ended up deciding to go to a music festival, which I obviously didn't go to because I didn't want to pay for it.

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have television. It costs too much money. We also don't have a lot of junk food. It costs too much, instead we buy real food. We don't really ever go out to eat, again it is too expensive. We don't go on expensive dates. When we go out it is too the beach or the park. Somewhere that won't cost us money.

3. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I don't have cable TV and it saves me a ton of money. But for general everyday things, I avoid spending money on eating out, I rarely ever eat out if I can help it, it's healthier for me and it helps me stay on budget. I also try to avoid frivolous expenses on clothes, accessories etc., I tend to make very informed decisions for stuff when I buy it, just to make sure that I am not spending any of my hard earned money on something that I may not even need.