What do you make?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by JosieP • Jan 2, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend a lot of time making things myself instead of buying them. Not to save money, though that's always nice.. but because I enjoy it and in many cases, it's better to make than to buy. We can make almost everything by ourselves, but of course, it's much easier and less time consuming to just go to the store and pick it up.

I like making my own bath and body products. I crochet like a lil old lady lol.. blankets, hats and mitts for the kids etc. I make all my own food.. I do everything but raise or grow it. Tons of crafts that result in a lot of great home decor that people think I spent good money on. I would love to make my own clothes, but I don't have the time for that.

What are some things that you make yourself.. either to save or for fun?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I make art and sell it on eBay. I also do makeovers on thrift store furniture as opposed to buying new furniture that is cheaply made and lacks character. Sometimes I make my own cleaning products and laundry soap.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to make more stuff by hand, but sadly I'm not a very handy or crafty person! Even when I try to make food I fail miserably and sometimes have to throw it away! As I hate wasting and throwing things away I always get really hesitant to try to do things myself.
    I have always wanted to learn to sew, but I never got around to taking some classes. I will see if I enroll somewhere this year, as it is the one thing I would really enjoy to do myself instead of buying sometimes!

4. kristinaw

kristinawNew Member

Threads:
    I make my own foods, such as bread, tortillas, baby food and other things. I find that it saves me money and I just plain enjoy it. It's fun and has a tasty ending.