What Do You Mean By Cheap Or Did You Mean Cheapest?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ray1 • Jun 13, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I was thinking in terms of cheap, cheaper or cheapest and could not reach to a proper conclusion so I thought to ask this here. How do you think is an item falls in 'cheaper' category or you tend to buy it based on its price? For instance if I have to buy Cherries, which are costly in my country I will buy cherries and not guavas which are way cheaper. So cheaper is a comparative statement only. What do you say?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Buying the absolute cheapest wouldn't always be advisable as the quality might not be good. On the other hand, though, you might find that the best is cheaper, but not the cheapest, or you might find your willing to sacrifice some of the quality to obtain something affordable. Of course, though, there are some who assume the most expensive is the best and possibly, there could be some who think whoever that doesn't buy the absolute cheapest is making the most unwise decision.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Jason76@Jason76 Actually I have reached to a conclusion that the same items are available at different price at different stores. For instance I bought a pack of strawberry for AU$2 last week from a Chines store and when I visited Coles the same pack was available for 3.60. I checked the price at my phone at Woolworth the same pack was available for $3. Incidentally all of these stores are located side by side in Westfield mall in my area.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Well when I am shopping I am always looking for the cheapest options. Cheapest, meaning in price not quality of course. As @Ray1@Ray1 mentioned that different ítems can have different prices in different stores so I always try to go to stores where I can find the item for the cheapest price.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I am buying cheap stuff from stores, but I never buy cheap fruits, because it cannot be eaten in the next few hours and what it would be left it cannot be eaten tomorrow. The difference between cheap, cheaper or cheapest is the quality of the item you want to buy.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @wallet@wallet you can very well buy cheap fruits and still eat them by keeping for as long as they stay fresh but you will have to make a little bit of research. However it depends on the quantity of the fruits you buy because for buying a small quantity you wouldn't want to travel 15-20 km. In my case when I have to buy vegetables and fruits for a fortnight I go to farmers' market where everything fresh is available at less than half the price compared to malls/stores.