What Do You Prefer- Ebooks Or Hardcover?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by harijobs • Jun 30, 2017.

1. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of collecting all of my favorite books once I finished reading them and I have a library of books in my home which my always complain of the difficulty of cleaning. Since I came to know about eBooks I have read a couple of books as eBooks but I have never had the comfort that I get in hardbound books. So which one do you prefer and why?

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's each to their own. In some cases you'd find that ebooks have lot more benefits. And in some cases you'd find that hardcover is very much important. You can see that ebooks are good and they may save you some cost. But in case of the hardcover, here you have to think of space. Also the cost of the book needs to be properly managed as well.

3. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I find it hard to read eBooks because I am not used to read that much on a PC. I prefer hard-covered books, old schools style. Nothing beats the feel of holding the book in your hands and reading before sleep or whenever. Of course, both have their pros and cons. eBooks don't take any space in your room, and you can store as much as you want.

4. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    I've always been into the hardcovers more. I just appreciate the art that goes into making the hardcovers as well as the texture. Ebooks are great and convenient, but I'd rather have a shelf full of books that I can smell and read using a nightlight before I sleep. Plus, there's just an effect with hard cover books that ebooks can't give, especially on older books like the ones from H.P. Lovecraft.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to hold the actual book in my hand. I love the feel of the book and I feel I get into the book better than when I read an ebook. The nice thing about ebooks is that you can take them anywhere without being encumbered by the actual book and you can find a lot of free ones. I have not brought myself to buy one yet. I like to have something physical to buy.

6. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer hardcover books over e-books. If I must, I will use e-books but having a book within my hands feels a lot more natural. Plus, I can carry it around and view it much easier than on my phone or laptop.And it won't take up too much space on my computer. It just feels right to me.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Now I am beginning to like ebooks. They are handy and easy to read as long as you have Internet access. Now, I have two options as far as reading of books is concerned. Both of them have advantages and disadvantages. Now in this present age of advanced technology, I am availing of ebook facilities and the hardcover books too.

8. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    Personally, I like both. I used to be a book hoarder, but it can take up too much space. And some you don't even finish reading. Now I tend to go for ebooks, unless it's a book I really like. Also, ebooks are great for academic books. I can't imagine carrying around different chemistry or biology books. It's also cheaper, this is why I like both options.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I actually like both. I prefer physical books most of the time since I like the feel and smell of it. On the other hand, I prefer eBooks since they are handy and I can bring them anywhere. I also like the fact that I can access any books that I want since they are just stored on my gadgets and all I have to do is reach for my phone and open my eBooks and that's it.

10. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    I prefer e-books to actual books. Buying books is expensive compared to an e-book that I could download for only a few kilobytes. I also find it hard to move around with actual books. At times I love carrying smaller handbags and this is where e-books comes in to my rescue. I easily misplace my books but I always know where my e-books are. The world is changing, it's time for people to turn digital.

11. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    For reading I prefer e-books, because they are easy to carry and I can read it whenever and wherever I want. It is easy to carry. But, I enjoy reading hard cover copies of the books too. You get a special feeling while reading a hard cover copy of the book. I just love reading, whether it is a soft copy or a hard copy, it does not matter to me.

12. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I prefer eBook to hardcopy. As a student, e-Books are easy and more convenient for me. I don't have to go to the library before I could read, with my device; I can read whenever and anytime I want. Moreover, books are costly. I spent like $50 to buy my textbooks, but with eBook it's cheaper. I could easily download any of the textbooks I want.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am still in the process of getting used to the ebooks, but I am coming around slowly. Sometimes I still prefer the physical copy though and it just feels better, but it seems to be changing.

14. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to hold a book to read, though I am fine with reading ebook as well. I find it more relaxing while reading a physical book, and as I don't encourage my children to look at screens much, it'd be better for me to read the physical book while I am with them. I try not to buy so many physical books as they take up lots of space, and they are more expensive too.

15. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Both. Although I have more e-books than physical books, there are some moments that a e-book does not quite match the feel of holding a physical book. I like holding a book on a beach or in the park or when I have to sit for long hours on a long trip.

16. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have taken to ebooks lately because of the obvious advantages it offers when compared to original hard cover books. It is more portable, in fact you won't even have to worry about space coverage because it is just with your laptop or phone device and you will have access to tons of electronic books and no one would know that such books are in your possession.

But if it's hardcover books, that is old traditional books, it makes a mess of everything, consuming of space, inviting dirt etc. Ebook is way too better than hardcover books.

#16Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  17. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    My apartment unit is too small so I don't buy printed books anymore. I do not want my room to be crowded. I can have hundreds lf eBooks without needing a shelf to I prefer eBooks.

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    The focus of the reading has to be on the story that is presented, so... If it's something good / interesting, I do not care where I'll have to read it. :D

19. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    Due to the introduction of technology I would choose to do with eBook only to get the latest out of what is trending. Being my norm that I don't like reading huge amounts of stories which are often the case with eBooks, this makes me bored with them and therefore prefer to read the hardcover books which after reading your 200 pages you are free to go. Hard books are easier to access because they are easily available compared to eBooks which are relatively expensive to many people. Also cover books don't change easily unlike the eBook that keep on changing from time to time.

20. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I am a traditionalist in most matters so I'll have to give good ol' hardcovers a point. In the world we live in now, it is futile to resist change and ebooks are one of the positive changes I have seen. The feel of the pages in your fingers is good but it does not beat reading from a PC screen. When reading ebooks from mobile devices this may not be the case. With the PC you don't have to hold it; just placing the computer on a table is enough. Ebooks take less space and are stored in your computer or device and hence there is no hassle for space.