What do you read?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by firelily99 • Mar 6, 2014.

1. firelily99

firelily99New Member

Threads:
    Do you like to read? What genre do you prefer and who is your favorite author? Do you have a special book that you read over and over again?

2. astockd1

astockd1Member

Threads:
    I like scifi/fantasy books. One of my favorite authors is Orson Scott Card (he wrote Ender's Game, which is now an awesome movie). I'm currently reading a series he wrote, and plan to read as much of his work as possible. Searching his name in the library database yields 90 results- which is thrilling to me. The "special book" that I can read over and over is the Harry Potter series. I'm about to read The Casual Vacancy, also by J.K. Rowling. I tend to stick to the same few authors until I've read everything. Of course, I'm also a sucker for romance books, and did enjoy the Twilight series (though I don't broadcast it, as people tend to judge me negatively for it).

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I love reading a lot. I'm a major bookworm who's more interested in buying tons of books than clothes. My top favorite books are The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides, and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. You should check these amazing novels out. They're absolutely awesome. :):)

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I LOVE to read, there's never a day that goes by when I don't read! I especially like my suspense thrillers, with my favourite authors being John Grisham and Sidney Sheldon. I also like to read some light hearted romance, if I'm looking for something fluffier. In which case among my favourite romance authors are Lolah Lace and LaShawn vasser. I haven't read fairy tales in ages, but it'd be interesting to revisit them :)

5. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    I love reading! My favorite genre is fantasy and I also read a lot of books in the dystopian, sci-fi and apocalyptic genres. Right now I'm reading The Golden Compass which is a really good fantasy book.

My favorite author is J.K. Rowling. I can read Harry Potter over and over without getting tired of it. No series will ever top my love for Harry Potter. It's one of those things that nothing can really compare to.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love reading but I honestly don't read that many books. I usually just go to my favorite blogs and read some of their new articles and if I like the site enough I usually even go into the archives and binge. I find reading small articles much more addictive as when I read long stories I usually can't keep myself interested enough to get to the end.

7. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I only really read non-fiction these days, a lot on finance, personal development and sport. Quite an eclectic mix to be honest, but it's what makes me tick.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be a reader to the point it should be part of my identity. I'm not even exaggerating. I would have a book everywhere I could take one. I don't really read now but I read fanfics on occasion and my collection of Sabrina the Teenage Witch books sometimes when I'm in the bathroom.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to read books, but time does not allow me to read much now, I have started to listen to audio books to replace having the time to be still and read because I can still listen while I work. I like just about any type of book to read as long as it is good.