What Do You Think Are The Cheapest Gifts You Can Give To Your Partner?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by akiii123 • Feb 3, 2015.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I believe that cheapest gifts one can give are flowers. They are some of the most prettiest gift one can give, but still be quite happy with it. I personally love roses would be happy to have them on any given day.

2. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    flowers can sometimes be expensive... except when you live in a mountain where flowers can be abundant. If you live in the city and you have to buy a dozens of this and that... plus the arrangement fee, the ribbon, etc.. it will be pretty expensive.

but for me, the most INEXPENSIVE gift could be a special note. written on a plain paper, be it in a small post-it page.. delivered in the most unique and unexpected way and with the most meaningful message I could write that it will make her cry.

3. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    If you're just going for cheap, possibly chocolates or a stuffed animal. I think, if you go for even a semi-decent things, the total cost is still below $10-20. I mean, you could always buy them socks too. No one has enough socks. ;)

But I concur with owesem. Usually the most inexpensive gifts are handmade ones, which can either be free or super expensive, depending on how you go about it. It could also take you a few minutes to a few days. My brother's GF gave him a deck of tiny cards with something she liked about him on each one, and I just thought that was adorable. You could also make something totally unique for your partner; I've seen woodcarvings, rings, etc, all handmade for their partner. Some people just aren't that great with crafts (like me LOL), but then I'm sure most SOs recognize that and will think that it's the heart behind it that counts.

4. vivivivicky

vivivivickyNew Member

Threads:
    I agree completely! Since I *am* very crafty/handy, I tend to do a lot of either home made or semi-personalized gifts. For our anniversary, part of my DH's gift was some pocket squares, but I had embroidered some inside jokes, or dates, onto a few of them. An otherwise inexpensive and innocuous gift all of a sudden is transformed into something with a bit more thought and love put behind it.

For something less crafty or home made, my go-to affordable gift is a book with an inscription in the cover. It doesn't have to be some special first edition (though of course that would be lovely), but just something that makes sense for the recipient with my own words/thoughts written out. It is usually a hit with kids and adults.

5. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Like several others have mentioned in this thread, the most inexpensive gifts are handmade ones. Moreover, the are probably the best and most special to give and receive. It shows you care by taking the time to create something for them, and they know you had them in mind. Handcrafting gifts are much more personal and memorable.

6. jcort

jcortMember

Threads:
    Seeds are even cheaper than flowers. Buy 4 packs for $1 and you're all set! I bet you couldn't even make a gift that cheaply. ;)

7. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    The first flower that comes to mind is the 'Purple Orchid' (don't know if that's really a flower, but sho` sounds purty :D)

The next one, the

? ;))

Really, such gifts are best if they're 'free' (the flowers you see on the ground and they make you think of 'the greatest thing-of-beauty that God has put in your life' ... "King Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as much as one of these!") Store-bought flowers show a forced affection, I think.

8. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I think the cheapest gift you can give to your partner is giving them something that you made. It can be a picture you painted, a craft you made, or make their favorite food. Sometimes small gifts like these are the ones most remembered by your loved ones. It also shows your creativity and the thought you put into the gift.

9. Polgie

PolgieNew Member

Threads:
    Handmade all the way! If you can find the time, that is. :)

Another great idea I've heard is to write little coupons. Like 'Free massage', 'Dishes done', 'Dinner for 2', or even 'Random treat'!

10. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Hahaha I don't like this coupon thing, it reminds me of a TV gag of "Oh. Thanks for giving me coupons for things I would get anyway from you." I think a nice gift to a partner would be to organize a nice day/evening, including a dinner, doing the dishes and a massage, just pampering the person.

I also don't think flowers are cheap. Certainly not the cheapest!

I think that anything that has originality and love invested into it is the best kind of cheap gifts. There are tons of DIY gifts to look for on the Internet, and couple things like -- I don't know, a treasure hunt or a bunch of letters with things you love about your partner and special experiences.

Oh and here is a scene from GREEK about Valentine's Day present and his is for free but amazing:

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're talking about the cheapest gift, then it's gotta be a greeting card. Or a pen. Or something around that price range. I remember an acquaintance downloading movies and tv shows that his gf's father would love to watch because they had a fast internet connection. So I think that it's also a nice and free gift.

12. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Waaaay back in the day when I was dirt poor with my husband he made it a point to fill a jar with things that cost him nothing but his time & attention. A diamond bracelet does not compare to that in my humble opinion. A foot massage, cleaning the house, a make out session: Winners hands down. I feel more appreciated when it came to these notes than I would with some chocolate or flowers.

13. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    A BJ, haha I'm just kidding. Love, affection, protection, security and affection are just a few things you can give to your partner for free. For my birthday my boyfriend surprised me by making an elaborate meal with a beautiful table setting and candles. He set it up right in the middle of our living room with sexy music playing and a bottle of wine. It was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me, and it was inexpensive.

14. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    The cheapest gifts are feelings! You don't have to pay a single centavo. It's free. I strongly agree with kjonesm1 on love, affection, protection, security and affection. The effect if these feeling are given or shown are divine! Happiness cannot be brought. So by showing these feelings, you made your partner extra happy at no cost.

Try to think if ideas on how to show these feeling with a twist, something different from what your partner is used to.

15. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    But they're gifts you have to be careful how you give, because they may feel different for you than they are to your partner. (Like a puppy: cute from the neck-up, but someone has to take care of the bottom-parts too!)

Sure, it's good for them to hear back that you're feeling 'the way they want you to'; but they need to know that you know why they're doing it (because they love you), and that you want them to feel the same way (because you love them).

I know it sounds a little too Quid pro Quo if you think of it that way. But I guess that's why we have 'holidays' ... sort of an "excuse" to pay & get paid in return :p

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends on someone's age. While most people would love to have flowers as gifts at times, sometimes they are not the right choice. For retired people for example, it's better to give your partner something that will keep them busy. A cook book I believe can make another great gift. Cooking something new can be learned by anyone at any age. Why are cook books cheap? Because you can collect the recipes yourself, print and bind the book yourself and hand it over.

17. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think flowers are cheap, especially not roses, unless one has a rosebush growing in their yard. Flowers are beautiful though, and I love to get them any chance I get.
    I think a handwritten note is the cheapest thing 'in cost' that one can give, cheap as far as money goes, yet priceless in expression and sentiment if done properly.
    Other than that, the dollar store is full of things that one can buy and give to someone. Of course adding personal touches to "cheap" items is always recommended, to show one put some thought into it.