What do you think is a reasonable monthly price for the gym?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by rossonomous • Dec 13, 2013.

1. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I go to the gym 4 times a week and I only pay £17.99 a month. This is great because I don't have streams of money, but at the same time because its so cheap it means the gym is really busy.

For a less busy gym in the same location to my current one, I would pay £25-30

What do you pay and do you think it is a reasonable price?

2. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I would say $20 - $25 would be reasonable for a monthly gym membership. You probably can even find some cheaper than that. Pay attention to the specials too as I noticed that gyms will offer special discount rates during certain seasons.

3. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    It really depends on the type of gym, because some gyms can be targeted at teens and early twenty year olds whereas others, more expensive, can be targeted at people who are more serious and willing to pay more. We pay just under $20 a week for two people.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that anywhere around $20 a month is a reasonable price for me. I think that above that then i would feel like the gym is not really giving me value for money. But i would pay more than that if the gym has some really good services and offers a bit of comfort and luxury.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree $20 is probably the most fair, but I've signed up with cheaper gyms that only ask about $10 a month and I enjoyed myself there equally. Apart from the fancier equipment and environment, I don't really see much of a difference since the weights I'm bound to lift are pretty much the same, and I actually like the run-down look of my gym as opposed to the sanitized commercial types that other modern facilities offer - albeit I still like going to those. I think any price would be worth it as long as it gets used and not just forgotten like I suspect most gym memberships end up as.

6. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I agree anywhere around 20 dollars a month is reasonable for me as well.

7. Brad

BradMember

Threads:
    I used to go to the gym and I paid £20 a month for my membership. The membership included access to all classes which were going on daily, access to the swimming pool and jacuzzi, as well as the actual gym. Compared to other gyms, that is a amazing offer as some don't even have a swimming pool.

8. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    My gym only charges $12 a month and if you recruit other members, you can save a dollar for each one. We have all the machines as well as a kids room for people who have children. There is no pool or sauna.

9. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    I actually pay quite a lot of my gym membership (67 dollars or 40 pounds by today's exchange), but the place is a fitness mansion. I'm a penny pinching guy, but I still feel like the sorts of equipment they have available and the classes make the investment worth it. If I were to switch away from this gym, it would be to set up a personal gym at home to save money---at the price I pay, it wouldn't take too long to finance quite a few pieces of important fitness gear.

10. eg0mez

eg0mezMember

Threads:
    I would say a reasonable price for the gym is 20 bucks at the minimum depending on where you live. If you want more luxuries you will have to pay more that is obvious . Pay attention to what you want when joining a gym If there is a lot I would just be hopping from gym to gym to try everything out. Trying everything will let you see all the variety.