What Do You Think of Internet-Traffic-Exchanges? (No Join-Links ;-) )

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by mythman • Apr 14, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I think they could be the closest real-life manifestation of the 'heist' in the 80's movie H@CKERS (where the h@ckers use the banks' computers to steal fractions of a cent from each of the billions of bank-accounts ... except TEs' currency is 'time your computer accesses other computers' IPs' & each member AGREES to give the time).

But TE-traffic isn't worth 'CLICK HERE TO SEE'-traffic; because the latter is actually lookiing at "what you're displaying," whereas the former is only looking "to get credit to spend on having you earn credit to spend on having them earn credit to ..."

I HAVE been using an automatic TE (hoping some may see- & join-me in 'Working Hardly' ... some 'viewers' DO turn out to be "real people" :rolleyes: ), but

might convince me it's a better deal for me to leave my computer on standby instead.

2. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Sites like that, depending on what ones they are, can be quite handy for making a little pocket change every now and then-I made twenty pence while I slept last night-but you're never going to get rich off of them. It all depends on how you set it up of course though.

3. HeinrichM

HeinrichMNew Member

Threads:
    I find that the traffic exchanges do not work for me. The visitors or traffic that you gain is of a poor quality and you do not have any of them spending money on your site. My personal feeling is that it is a waste of time.

4. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    That, and don't focus on the money. I mean, money is great--greases the gears of the market-machine--but that's not why you do what you do. Like Donald Trump wrote (in one of his books ABOUT getting-and/or-being rich ... which I'm paraphrasing, as I've conveniently 'lost' the book(s)), '"Getting Rich" isn't one of your main goals; it is most-probably a "marker" along the path to your goal, but your TRUE goal is probably something like "giving the marketplace an essential product-and/or-service".'

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that traffic exchanges were still around. I heard about them when I first starting studying internet marketing. Most of the people who are on traffic exchanges are looking for traffic themselves. So unless you're promoting "getting traffic" or internet marketing stuff, it's mostly a waste of time.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a low opinion of traffic exchanges and internet marketing because there are thousands of spammy sites that offer ways to get rich quick.
    Why not just sell an actual product or do actual work? When you go on a task site like Clixsense, you are inundated with offers to get traffic and referrals. What is the point?
    If I sell someone a video game controller on eBay, that is a real item that they can use and enjoy. But selling information and traffic and referrals is not selling real, useful items.
    The whole thing just seems so shady. You respond to some fake offer to buy and ebook and then sucker other people into buying the same eBook from you.

7. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm talking about using them purely for money, with Paid to Promote sites, rather than using them to link to your own site full of your own products really. You'll never make that much money off of using TE's for linking to your product, since most are automatic.

8. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    That's why I think of them more as a 'cyber-"bulletin board"'---you pin little 'notices' there, but don't hope to get anything more than 'required action from the few who see it that feel like complying' or something.

Because most of the members are college-students (I guess) using the Internet in their spare-time. And that spare-time is a limited-resource, so you naturally only want to spend it working on things that--if not 'just fun'--will MULTIPLY your efforts!!