What do you think of online jobs?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by ExpertAdvice • Nov 6, 2014.

1. clair02

clair02Member

Threads:
    Ever since I heard about making money online a few years ago, I've been trying out all kinds of different sites, surverys, PTC, Paid to post and so on. I even tried Freelancer as a writer but I've never made more than $100 a month, until last year when I decided to create my own website and sell affiliate products. This has become my main source of income. It works, and it's possible to scale it up to however big you want your business to be.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, clair02, congratulations on the success of your website! You don't know how much this is helping me. Time and time again, some of my online friends have urged me to go down this route, but procrastination and cold feet have always held me back. However, this year online work has been very slow, and trying to find online work has been an uphill battle. So I have finally started thinking seriously about setting up my own website. I've even started making enquiries about buying my domain name and drawing up my layout and content for my new website. I sure hope mine will at the very least, acquire a fraction of your success :)

3. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    One thing I learned from my years of doing work online is that it gets better and better as you do it more and more. That's assuming that you are consistent in your quality and quantity. At one time, I started from just one cent per word and reached ten cents per word for writing articles. That's quite a bit. Just writing a 1000-word article gets me $100. All it takes is about one day's work, researching, writing and editing. Of course, it doesn't happen overnight. And if you leave it, like I did, then you will have to start at the bottom again.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Dominique....first of all, thanks for sharing the link :) I didn't think I'd be eligible for it because of my location, but I was curious to see what it's all about anyway. Sadly, the link doesn't open for me. It's great to know you've found a WAH job that works for you....good for you! You guys in America have so many opportunities, it must really be impossible not to get a job of some kind, whether virtual or offline!

5. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    Don't feel disadvantaged just because you don't live in the US. I live on the other side of the planet from the US and I can still do work online. It's a simple matter of being consistent and persistent. First, you have to keep at it. Don't treat it like some kind of on-off happy-go-lucky thing. Buyers don't like suppliers who cannot be relied upon to deliver. So do your work consistently. Then be persistent. By this, I mean, keep on doing the things which you like doing. Become an authority on your subject. Anyone can become an authority if they put enough time and effort into it. Buyers don't really care whether you are black or white or purple. What they care about is the quality of your work and your reliability in delivering what they ask for.