What Do You Think Of Online Sales?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by nangk08 • Oct 4, 2016.

1. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    For these past few days, many online shopping giants are having a huge discount sale. Last time when such a sale was going on, I bought a few things including a mixer grinder which I really needed as my old one was on its way to expiry. But I also bought a few other things that I really did not need, but just bought them as they were on sale. Do you ever do that? End up buying things you don't really need, just because they are on sale?

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to buying stuff online, I don't panic buy nor buy out of impulsiveness. I agree, it's very tempting buying discounted products on big sales but I have to prioritize. What I recommend though, if you are not going to use those stuff you've purchased, is to sell them at a higher value than what you've paid for. You're not only helping yourself to save but you are also learning new skills.

3. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Online sales are a great opportunity to save money on the products that you are buying. When ever there are sales and heavy discounts on my the online stores that I visit regularly, I make sure to buy things that I was planning to buy. However, I don't buy anything just because it has heavy discounts. I only buy things that I actually need.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been buying online for last few years and specially so because I am getting too many gift cards from various survey sites. I am glad that these gift cards provide one year's validity so I keep them safe in my wallet on the site and wait for something worthwhile or what I really need to buy. I have bought two phones in this so far worth INR 21k ($300) using my gift cards and 20 pieces of LED bulbs.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually have an extra coffee maker in my cupboard. When I feel that my coffee maker is going to go on me, I watch for sales and purchase one even when my old coffee maker is still working. I found this to be beneficial instead of waiting to buy one when it breaks on you and having to buy instant coffee now that my coffee maker is dead. So if you buy what you need it's not a waste of money for in the long run, machinery will break down on you, so having one in your cabinet when your appliances do break saves you money for you bought it on sale and you don't have to make special purchases now that your appliance is dead.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually don't buy stuff that I don't need despite the sale. However, I do buy stuff that I need. I think it's a great deal to bag stuff that you need at a cheaper rate!

I am into online shopping and I think online sales are of a great convinience to online shoppers.

7. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have very high opinion of online sales. When ever I see online sales, I try to make best use of it. Having said that I will never buy things, even if it may be offered for a huge discounts, that I don't use. For example, there was a buy one get one offer for prescription glass in a certain online store. Even though I was getting the product for a half price I did not buy the product because I don't wear glasses.

8. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I usually don't buy things just because they are on sell. Though, online sales are a good thing if it involves something I like. Some of the websites I am subscribed to and buy from offer me great sales by email. I usually don't end up buying anything, but it is good to stay informed.

9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon is a site that has these kind of offers on a regular basis. They have offers on a daily basis and if I am looking for certain items and happened to be in those offers I grab them but very rarely do I come across what interests. They are mostly electronics in which I am not interested.

10. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I too mostly buy using the gift vouchers that I get from working online. How does the wallet work? If I put the gift voucher money into, say, my Flipkart wallet, then does it still have a one-year expiry period? Or I can just keep putting more vouchers in it and then buy something big with the money accumulated in the wallet?

11. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Online sales are so tempting because of how much they could cut on the actual price of the product. As good as it may seem, I will not indulge myself buying stuff online because of the number of risks you need to take just to get that one good deal. I don't buy stuff online but I have a few story about buying something that ended up not wanting it or even need it. I bought a fingerboard that I don't know how to use. A ukelele that I have played for only 2 months and now it is a dust collector somewhere and other stuff that I waste my money off, thinking I need them.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do that pretty often. I like to take advantage of the discounts and I tend to just stock them for future use. You can also give those items as gifts, so you better take advantage of such sales.

13. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I have always ended up buying things that I do not need, or things that I like them very much but when I reach back home I throw them away ( I donate them to my friends or people who need them) because I do not like them anymore. I guess this is in the human nature, for us to want more and more but not exactly what we need is what we think we need!

14. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I love all things that can get me discounts especially mall sales and online sales. But I never check that much, only when I need to buy something or a certain household stuff is gone or broken. Plus if my budget does allow me to add certain things then I do a quick peek on some of the best deals out there.

15. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can call us frugal or smart buyers because we evaluate matters before buying. It’s not only the tag price that matters. So what if the product is being offered at 90% discount when you have no use for it? I sometimes buy items that I don’t need at present but only small items like plumbing teflon or adhesives. For large items like appliances, it is a big investment to tie up your money with an item that you wouldn’t use for now

16. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I have bought things that I really don't need at that time, ended up buying them because they were on discount sale and regretted for it afterwards. I did this mistake during the Flipkart big billion day. I wasted lot of money during that time. So I made myself a promise on that day not to buy anything unless there's a need.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    No, I really don't have that problem with things being on sale-but if its some kind of collectable or antique- I can resell at a latter date, I might be interested to take a leap of faith. I do sometimes get carried away with used books online some of time, and buying them on Amazon for some cheap prices-but I try to control myself most of the time. You can find deals online ,that you really cannot find, in any store or anywhere as far as that goes-and they have some great deals at Walmart.com that are really hard to pass on as well.

18. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    October to December are the biggest months for the online sales. And many companies make entire years worth of the sales during these months. So as you can see it'd be reasonable to say that online sales has their own way to deal in here. I personally think that Amazon and other retailers make a lot of money in this process. And the thing is that online sales space is growing so every customer matters.

19. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    For me, I really do like to buy some stuffs online. Am always conscious of what I buy so I won't end up buying irrelevant things and spending unnecessary money. Online sales is one of the major ways I save money because of the discount they offer.

20. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    True when it comes to online shopping we tend to be indisciplened with our spending. I get tempted to buy want I have not planned for due to the offers that are allowed. But if the items are cheap and I can afford at that particular time I just order for them.