What Do You Think This Necklace For Father Or Husband?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by jessicazi • May 19, 2016.

1. jessicazi

jessicaziNew Member

Threads:
    Father's day is coming next month, and i am puzzled which one to be a good father's day gift. I try to look for it in Amazon and eBay. And what about this one?

61O2Vto2YvL._UL1500_.61hWbmwQ-xL._UL1500_.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the black cross looks better than the white one. This is actually a good Father's day gift come to think of it. Very unique as compared to the generic type of gifts.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The gold one looks much better to me. I think both look fine but personally I think the gold one looks a lot more like jewelry and if they are priced the same I myself would go for the one that looks more expensive or at least close to its price. The black one could easily just be plastic when looking from afar, although, if your father prefers black jewelry then it won't matter much how much more expensive the gold one looks, so maybe you could just weigh your decision from all these factors and make the choice from there.

4. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I like the black one better. It looks more manly to me lol, but your choice should be based on your father's preferences. Which do you think he would like more? Either way, it's a good value and I'm sure your father will greatly appreciate. I should probably start looking into father's day gifts myself. This looks like a good start so thank you!

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's probably a matter of which color the recipient prefers, but I'm really attracted to the black one. I agree with @rosemoon@rosemoon, it looks very manly. Also, does the person you're buying the gift for enjoy wearing jewelry? Some guys don't, others really seem to enjoy wearing a variety of jewelry, and still others prefer to wear just one or two sedate pieces that have personal meaning to them.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would go with the black one, it looks much nicer than the gold plus it brings out the diamonds better as well. Either one is good, I hope you're husband enjoys it. :)

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too like the black cross better than the gold one, but sometimes surprises are not as good as you think it is...of course it's only me that feels that maybe you should ask your Dad what he would like...maybe he'd like edible Father's Day gifts. This way I believe that Dad and you will have a nicer Father's Day for he'll get what he really wants and you'll be able to give him the gift your Dad wants too. Good luck!

8. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    I think both of the necklaces are beautiful, but I am leaning towards the gold one. However, I think they both look masculine. Both the gold and the black would match with most outfits too. This is a good gift choice for a dad especially one who likes to wear jewellery.

9. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I am not a necklace wearer nor is anyone that I know, so it would not be something I would do as a gift, but if I were to choose I like the gold one better. It is really a matter of personal choice though, ust like wearing them themselves, so I would say that you know them best, but I am sure they will like either one. It is certainly a more thoughtful gift than I usually go for, so you got me beat there.

10. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Like those posting above, I vote for the gold one. The black one makes me think of male Goth teens who wear black and look like the world is weighing them down.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every man that I've known that wear necklaces wear a cross, so in that sense I think this is nice. However, most men that I know that wear necklaces is because the necklace has a deep meaning to them. Either it's someone very special they gave it to them, or the family heirloom. Either way, make sure you give it at a special moment so that they will remember you forever for that.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These are very nice! I'm not even into gold, but I think on this necklace it looks nice. But even still, I also prefer the black one, and like someone else said it looks like a solid colour and very manly. I'm curious to see how it would look in silver. I like it so much I'd like it for myself LOL I've always been into cross neck pieces.

13. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I think that's more of a dad type necklace.It gives a peaceful vibe, the yellow one is too distinct and a little out there. You don't want to get him something that he would not wear occasionally. The black one would be my pick because I can see it as an accessory that can be worn all the time.

Fathers are generally the ones that wear crosses, and younger boyfriends generally just wear chains with no pendants attached. I would know, I would never wear pendants when I wore my chains.

14. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    The black one looks much better, or at least that is the one I prefer. It does look quite large though, would your Father like to wear something like that? You know him best so if you think he would love it then go ahead and get it for him. I'm sure he would really appreciate such a lovely present for Fathers day.

15. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I like them both. You could get them both and give one to each. Hey, not all guys are into black - the yellow one is pretty cool too. I like the shiny silver rims going through the middle of them. My first thought when I saw these: I'd like to glam them up with a bunch of sparkles and hang one on my rear view mirror of my car. ;) Probably the yellow one. If both your husband and dad like black, then go for 2 black ones, but first hint around and see if one of them may like yellow (?) Yellow/Gold is one of my favorite colors, very cheerful and full of life. As is green. :D