What do you think when you workout, or when you exercise?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • Jun 8, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Because my routine is pretty intense, I tend to forget anything. What I only have in my mind when I exercise is either I do it, I finish my goal or I die. So while I am doing my routine, no matter how tired I feel, I say to myself that I must keep on doing it, keep on striving on finishing my routine even if I die. If I die without finishing my routine, then I have an excuse for not doing so (because I died). Not finishing my routine or not being able to keep up with it really depresses me.

During my low-intensity part in my routine, I daydream. I think about the things I like, about how the things I want them to turn out to be, about my loved ones and my crushes. ;)

2. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I also try to keep my mind clear and just focus on having a strong workout. When I start to think about different things, I start looking at the clock on the machine and my workout suffers a bit. During my workout period, I try forget all my troubles, problems, and things I have to do so I can perform the best I possibly can. I imagine it's up to the individual person as to what helps them workout the best.

3. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I cannot work out unless I am listening to music. Otherwise I find that I am constantly watching the clock, waiting for it to be over and done with. And since the music is getting me through the workout, I have to listen to certain songs. Songs that I love, or course, but they have to be really intense and fast paced. So I have to pick and choose my workout playlist. But once I get into it, I can really get lost in the music and have a great workout.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Funny, I am the same way. When I am doing my high intensity cardio or even weight training I imagine someone is chasing me and if I let up and don't finish they'll catch me and kill me. I also know if I don't finish I will be disappointed in myself for not finishing, that actually may be my greatest motivator. I don't zone out too much when I exercise. Stretching is the most mellow part of my workout and I mentally run through my to do lists while stretching.