What Do You Use For WiFi Anywhere?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by Pat • Aug 18, 2012.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I want to get a broadband on the go for my computer. What is the best to get a hot spot device or use my cell phone to connect to the internet when I am not near a wifi spot, any suggestions.

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I use the T-Mobile hotspot. I like it because sometimes I need the web for a few days (like when I stay at a hotel that charges $14.99 a night) and I can get the web for 3 days for only $10. It has saved me so much money and it's great for travelers.

3. vaericke

vaerickeNew Member

Threads:
    Go for free hotspot zones in areas where you dine like McDonald and the like.

4. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    If you are out of range from a wifi hotspot, then using the cell phone to connect is the next best option, unless you want to opt for a 'pay as you go' mobile broadband service and get a free dongle that comes with it.

5. raleigh040513

raleigh040513New Member

Threads:
    If you are not in the wifi hot spot its better to use a broadband kit to connect internet.

6. Lorigh

LorighNew Member

Threads:
    The broadband kits work pretty well.

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Clear hotspot and I've actually used it as my primary internet at home. When I first started using it, the service that I was using was so spotty that the hotspot was like light years in comparison. Now, I can go anywhere with it and it's really quite handy as I don't have to worry about the speed of the restaurant or any nefarious people in the restaurant.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing the information on your Broardband to go services. T-Mobile just came out with uncarrier service that I may give a try for my tablet.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing the information on your Broadband to go services. T-Mobile just came out with uncarrier service that I may give a try for my tablet.

10. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I use my phone's Mobile Hotspot to connect to internet , which is very convenient because I can use internet wherever I go as long as there's a cell phone signal on my phone. I use it everyday because that's the only internet option I have so far, which I really like it because I have upgraded to 7GB internet allowance each month.

11. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    When my husband and I go on the road full-time rv'ing we wil need internet on the go. I am slightly afraid of the possible charge for this service. I am hoping that some rv parks wll offer free wifi, but kind of doubt it. I guess we could just go to micky dees like Vaericke suggested above.

12. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use mobile broadband for my laptop in the past and took it with me wherever I go but then I got tired of carrying the laptop everywhere. I switched to mobile Internet data and it costs me only $2 for 100MB which last for 24 hours.

If your phone has a big screen and easy to do the browsing then I think mobile Internet should be a good option. It's easier to carry everywhere too.

13. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I use wifi hotspots also. I have found them around town and go to the 'regulars'. I have even played a movie off of them once on the ipad when I was waiting for someone. Sometimes you need to go into the bldg and sometimes not.

I feel silly posting this as it's a duh type thing but I just now found out that I can use Vonage to call off a wifi hotspot and use my vonage connection instead of my cell phone minutes with the phone carrier. It's a simple phone app.