What Do You Use PayPal For?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by LindaKay • Mar 9, 2014.

1. Wolf

WolfNew Member

Threads:
    I work as a freelance translator and I receive some of my payments from my clients via PayPal. Other's send me cheques or pay me via wire transfer.

Once you receive money in your PayPal account you can do lots of things; make payments, buy tickets etc. I sometimes hire freelancers to work with me on joint projects so PayPal is the most convenient way to pay them. It makes things a lot easier.

2. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I use paypal for selling stuff and buying items off of ebay and newegg. It just makes stuff easier, in my opinion, I do not like having to wait several days for stuff to be deposited in the bank.

3. Wolf

WolfNew Member

Threads:
    I've recently been using PayPal for stuff that I sell on Ebay and Zazzle. I've joined a writing platform called Squidoo, it's really amazing because you basically create pages (what they call a "lens") where you can write about any topic and use the various services to sell products for profit or charity. I've linked most of my lenses to Ebay, Amazon, Zazzle and Allposters.com to promote products (both my own and affiliated) and it works well because all payments are made directly to my PayPal account, no fuss and always right on time. It's an amazing service.

4. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I've started working online since a week and signed up on Paypal a few weeks ago. I requested my first payment a few days ago and withdrew it from my bank account yesterday through Paypal. So yes Paypal has worked for me.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I've started using Paypal for pretty much everything I do online. Any online work I do, I get paid through with Paypal. Also, I like the extra layer of protection it gives when buying stuff online. I'm fairly weary of putting my credit card online and Paypal lets me circumvent using my credit card directly.

6. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Never had any problems with Paypal myself, they've always been good to me, and even have payed for things I couldn't afford at the time, but I was able to get the money back to them fairly quickly. It's just a handy little way of sending payments and recieving them from other people, and with charge back, there's no way I can be scammed.

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I only use PayPal because I have to, because eBay doesn't accept anything else. I haven't had too much of a problem, aside from someone doing a false charge back to me, and not only did PayPal just automatically refund the person (without even checking the claim was legit) they also took 40 bucks for "settlement fees". Ugh. I do like PayPal for the reason that if you buy something from a slightly sketch site, you don't have to worry about them taking money from you randomly without permission.

#27Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  8. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    I use Paypal for online work and to buy things via Internet. Usually, I just cash out every $25 or so, because I don't like money to accumulate there. Paypal isn't the best company in the world and they are known for freezing accounts that have large amounts of money in them, so I don't want to take risks even with $30. I do wish that physical stores can accept Paypal as an alternative form of payment though!

9. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    PayPal is GREAT! I use it whenever it is offered. I don't have to go get my debit card, it's just an easy click. I have used it for shopping, and for donations. I have used it for things people sent me that I bought, but not online, so it was just a money transfer. The thing is, just don't pay attention to any of that "you have ten paypal dollars" stuff or any adds unless it's something you actually want. Also, I never and probably will never use the 'pay it out' option. I want it to be just like my debit, a quick out, nothing I have to pay on and pay on.

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly for online shopping really but I do use it as a 'cloud bank' for my earnings online and then just transfer them on my card whenever I need to cash out. But Paypal is kind of a crappy company altogether almost all transactions you make they charge you extra for it. They even blanked out my debit card when I tried to switch accounts.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use my Paypal account to withdraw from my online money making programs and I also use it to buy from sites like Ebay. It really is way too convenient to use, and even though I'm sure I'm paying a good amount of fees if I look at it in an annual collective point of view, I think it's worth it since I don't even have to leave the house to get all these transactions done. I honestly don't really use it that much, though, since I don't withdraw or spend online all that much anyway, but on the rare occasions that I do, I'm very happy with the service.

12. pklatonja

pklatonjaNew Member

Threads:
    I mostly use it for e-bay shopping and other means of shopping. But sometimes I do freelance phogotography work, and I get payed via PayPal which is really convenient.

13. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    I suppose you could say I use it as an extra savings account. I only really use it to accumulate earnings in various online programs and then transfer them over to my bank account. I used to buy online with funds from it, but I'm finding it more and more unnecessary. Not only that, but I've had a few bad experiences with them in the past, so I'd rather just use my account as a middle man for my earnings than anything else.

14. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Basically I use PayPal for my online income and some money management between my bank and PayPal. So far I didn't have the need for buying anything with PayPal, but I trust it fully, so if the time comes I will not have any issues in doing it.

15. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I really hate when some websites say that they don't use paypal, I mean, I've never had an issue with it before and I find it very safe and secure. I usually use it when I purchase online and I actually prefer ebay than amazon for this reason (if you're 100% you know who to buy from). Like you, I also get paid through my paypal and I prefer it like that, whenever I make an online purchase I see it as a saving through paypal and use that money :)

16. sully3333

sully3333Member

Threads:
    Whenever I buy anything online I use Paypal. It's unfortunate, though, that Paypal and eBay are owned by the same people yet both charge fees when you sell something there. It's really been forcing me away from eBay.

17. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I use to buy things online but mostly for receiving payments on my online jobs. I tend to cash out my PayPal balance straight to my card every time but I do use it to purchase stuff online and other things.

18. devilishomar

devilishomarMember

Threads:
    I use it to manage my cash. I mainly use it to buy things online, especially from Amazon. It's such a widely accepted method of payment that companies have made integrated it so that it's much easier for the customers to purchase something (in Amazon's case, even in one click!).

I sometimes use it to send money to a friend and/or family member so it's a quick & easy way to help others as well.

19. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I only use it for accepting online payments for my various income streams. I used to use eBay a bit but now I haven't use it in years, so paypal is solely for my online earnings. I am so glad that withdrawal times are much faster now, as 3 days just seemed so long. I've never actually sent a payment to an individual on paypal, although I've used it for online stores.

20. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly I use it for ebay purchases and sales. I do make a tidy little profit off of selling things online, and a few sites that pay me to do certain things like uploading new shows or movies and such.