What Do You Use PayPal For?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by LindaKay • Mar 9, 2014.

1. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    It's largely where I store my online income until I move it to real bank account. Possibly the odd humble bundle or something as well.

2. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I also work online and receive payments through paypal. I do most of the time use paypal to buy the things i need online particularly in ebay. These days most sellers accept paypal. I'm also selling bitcoins in exchange of USD through paypal. Generally I use paypal in my online business.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I have a PayPal account mainly for receiving payment for the jobs I do online and to pay for items I buy online. I prefer PayPal than just directly using my card since it's way more secure and I don't have to disclose my info on sites. I mainly use PayPal whenever I buy something on Ebay, it's quick and secure.

4. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I use it for my survey tasks. I use it for iPoll.com, QuickRewards.net, PineConeResearch.com, and other little tasks.

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from shopping - I use paypal to send/receive money (business related).

I use paypal for exchanging money more then I use it to shop. I don't like paying unneeded fee's, so I tend to use my credit card to shop rather then paypal.

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Other than using PayPal to receive and send payment online, there are also some of my bills that I can pay through PayPal such as my Internet bill. PayPal transaction is getting really popular in my country so most companies provide PayPal as a payment option along with debit or credit card.

7. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    Like many others here, I too use paypal to receive payments for the freelance work I do. I've never used any other payment method because most of my clients pay me via paypal. Overall, I do not think I've had any problems with them so far.

8. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Paypal. I use it for so many things. But the top two things I use it for is work and spending. I don't like the changes they made to it, or that they keep trying to force me to get a credit card, but it is so useful in so many ways. But the first thing I use it for is work. I am a writer and I do freelance work. Paypal is how I get paid. I can then keep my money in Paypal or I can send it to my bank account.

I then use it to shop online. It is a lot more easier than having to type in a debit card for everything. I use it mainly on auction sites, but there are more and more sites thankfully beginning to use it.

9. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I have several sites that I get paid through so I have a PayPal account for that. I usually just transfer it to my bank and then use it that way. However, that takes at least 2 business days to process and I sometimes I need the money for something right away. I've been running into that issue more lately so I decided to sign up for their debit card. I still plan to transfer most of my funds to my bank account but its nice to know that if something comes up and I know the money is in Paypal but I won't have time to transfer it, I can just use PayPal's card.

I've never had an issue with security on PayPal. They seem to be great at monitoring those kind of issues. They are definitely a company that knows what they're doing and I plan to keep using them as a means of getting paid online. Not that I have much of a choice, that's the go-to method for a lot of sites online nowadays. I don't mind it either, its much faster than waiting on a check!

10. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I get paid through Paypal for several earning websites I use online. I simply take my paypal money and transfer it into my bank account and use it for just about anything. I use it to buy gas, food and such. It's nice to be able to earn money online and spend it as cash.

11. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I used to use PayPal as a way to purchase things online. But now I use to retrieve money I get from doing little freelance work. I also have the PayPal Debit Mastercard, its great. Haven't had any problems recently with PayPal everything has been good, when there is a problem paypal handles it.

12. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I recently signed up for the debit card too and I'm curious as to how it works. Everything I found online wasn't very clear. When you pay with the debit card, does it automatically deduct from your PayPal account or do you have to still "load" it with money first? And if that second option is the case, does it take a few days for the money to transfer to the card. I would hate to think that's the way it works because then I might as well just keep transferring it to my bank account! Maybe you can shed some light on this for me.

13. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I just opened my very first pay pal account! I'm having troube getting them to send me a card due to the fact that I recently got married. The name change is giving me some trouble!

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do some online work and get paid thru paypal. I also sell on ebay and make purchases on Amazon and use my paypal account. I also have the debit card but really only use it when I have a little money on it. I do not fund the card.

15. thestoryteller1

thestoryteller1New Member

Threads:
    For receiving most of my online income, getting it to a bank etc. Also, to send and receive money from friends and family. To pay some online fees. To buy some small things online...basically for anything I can. Paypal just seems so good payment solution for everything, I haven't had any trouble with it so far!

16. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Besides online shopping, I use Paypal to pay bills. It's much easier than having funds automatically deducted from my bank account. Also, users of Paypal now get interest back.

The only issue I ever had with Paypal is that someone tried to break into my account. However, they did stop this person. I just hated the process of having to prove who I was which all had to be done mainly through mail.

17. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal to receive payments and make purchases. I use their debit card for 1% cashback because I can't get a credit card that offers better cashback rates. I've never had any trouble using PayPal, although I know people with some pretty bad horror stories. PayPal is basically my secondary checking account for handling my money. That's probably the best way to describe it.

18. atribble73

atribble73Member

Threads:
    I use my paypal account to get paid for my online jobs and I also prefer to shop online using it. Paypal is such a secure site and is so packed with fraud alert, I like using my paypal card for security reasons.

19. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Can you say "ditto". I work online and use it to transfer money. My ex-wife has to send money to help our oldest son but refuses to use a paypal account, so she has to buy greendot cards and send money. Why she won't set up a paypal account I don't know, but she doesn't always seem rational.

20. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    If you have another card linked to your account it will instantly use your card, no wait.