What Do You Use PayPal For?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by LindaKay • Mar 9, 2014.

1. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Storing my online income is something I'm doing as well. Sure it's only $10-20 a day, but that ads up quickly enough, you know? I just wish I could make something more for less work, but you know, no one is giving out decent money for little to no work.

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I use it mainly to receive money.
    I might use it to buy something if no other mean of payment is available, but I'll rather use a credit card and pay no fees...

3. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using it increasingly for installment payments. It gives me a buffer between my bank account and the subscription service. I definitely like that guarantee, or at least the potential to avoid fraud, or misuse.

4. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I use it to buy humble bundles or steam games when they are on sale. I also used it to buy things from amazon too. Most of the time I use it to stock up my sports-betting-funds a bit. I'm into soccer and I want to be a bit more involved in games so I bet some small amounts of money, to feel like I have something to lose, but it's actually just a few bucks, nothing too big. I actually won quite a few bets lately but I don't really plan on cashing out, I just want to have a little bit on the line when I watch a game.

5. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using my paypal exclusively to purchase bargains on ebay. From airbrushes to smartphone accessories. I also love the convenience and the guarantee paypal gives and the protection against fraudulent sellers. I've had a couple of bad transactions, mostly seller's fault, and I was able to recover my payments. Even some of my friends have tried the service through my account and they are happy with it yet still remain skeptical and won't bother opening an account for themselves. Works for me as I charge them minimal fee for the use of my account.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Paypal debit card, so I use Paypal for everything including grocery shopping and going out to eat, because the card is just a normal Mastercard debit card that takes money from my Paypal account.

7. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    My Paypal account is hardly, if ever, used to buy things directly. When I get paid through my various freelancing jobs online, the money goes into my Paypal and it is withdrawn to my regular bank account by the end of the week, so it does not spend much time in the Paypal account itself but rather Paypal simply acts as the middleman between the internet and my money

8. atribble73

atribble73Member

Threads:
    I use my Paypal card and account for online shopping, because of their security is so great. I also use it for all my work at home jobs, this is where the companies send my earnings to; paypal. Sometimes, I use my paypal card at the store when shopping; great record keeping.

9. Wolf

WolfNew Member

Threads:
    Here in France, you can now even pay for your order at McDonald's using PayPal. I've never done it but apparently all you have to do is to download an app, key in your PayPal email and password, then just use the app at the special ordering kiosks set up in most of the McDonald's restarants in France.

On the other hand, because I work as a freelancer translator, I receive most of my payments through PayPal, it's so convenient.

10. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:

At McDonalds ? that is pretty cool. here in India anything you receive into your paypal account is automatically withdrawn to your bank account in 24 hours . NO exceptions. if you upload funds using a credit card then you can send money abroad but even that is a hassle. i use paypal as a freelance writer now and then but I also play online poker. I can't fund those sites with paypal so if i ever want to deposit at say poker stars I have to withdraw funds to my bank account and do a wire transfer. i wish more companies, and the ones i worked for in particular used skrill. There are no laws against sending skrill payments here in India and skrill is a preferred method for depositing at poker sites. Paypal even charges me for the automatic withdrawal to my bank account ! And their spot exchange rate is insanely high.

11. zuulspaceman

zuulspacemanNew Member

Threads:
    I work online and most people pay me through Paypal. I have the debit card so I pay for everything with it. From my rent to groceries, I am able to use the card to take care of it all. I have had some trouble with frozen funds before because sometimes I get a couple of grand for some work, but they are cool when I get the right customer service agent to look into it. I'm sure they're making tons off of me due to fees people have to pay to get me paid, so they usually are really quick about getting my account fixed if something goes wrong.

12. askanison

askanisonMember

Threads:
    Mainly for Ebay and to get paid for freelance work. I have found it safe and easy to use. 10years using it and never a problem.

13. devilishomar

devilishomarMember

Threads:
    I have multiple sources of income online, such as web design and marketing other people's products, and Paypal is the center of everything financial with those. My payment method & accepted payment method is Paypal, so it's a great and convenient way for customers to send you money and for you to use that money too because the amount of services/sites that accept Paypal is just amazing.

Paypal has made life so much easier than the ol' credit card scenario. It's as simple as a click, so no worries on my part. I also use it to send money to other friends of mine (for example, if I buy something from a friend face-to-face, I would send them the money via Paypal later on).

14. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I use PayPal for two things. First, since I am a freelance writer and most of my clients are online, I use PayPal to accept payments. It still remains as the easiest way to get paid online. To gain access to my PayPal funds, I use a debit card which I connect with my PayPal account. This way I can encash the PayPal funds anytime I want.

Second, I use PayPal to pay for all costs related to my blogging business. I currently run four blogs and they need regular maintenance. Whenever I hire a designer or a graphic artist, I always pay them via PayPal.

15. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I have sued PayPal for receiving payment as well as issuing payment. Sometimes I buy good through PayPal. It has proven to be a reliable mediator through all these years. I can trust this service. Most times I use it for receiving payments for the work I have done.

16. elizabeta

elizabetaNew Member

Threads:
    I have been using Paypal for about a year now ..all my freelance work payments are paid through it

17. Hamz10

Hamz10Member

Threads:
    Any freelance payments goto my PayPal also I use it to buy games through the humble bundle. It's really easy to use and is very versatile.

18. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What a strange question, mostly because you would think that it would be obvious what most people - me included - use Paypal for lmao!! I use it to handle money, and to transfer the money that I make online to my bank account. However, I use Paypal mostly because most online businesses only pay through this payment processor. So users have no option but to make a Paypal account.

I NEVER EVER leave my money in my paypal account though, because it will go up and down and I cannot afford any losses.

19. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I am similar to you. I work as a freelance writer and although I live in the UK, many of my clients are in the US or Asia. I get paid via my PayPal account. I sometimes transfer this into my regular bank account to pay household bills. Other times, I leave it in my PayPal so that I can spend it online. This might be grocery shopping or it might be other things off Amazon at Christmas or birthday times.

20. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    Anytime I freelance I request to receive payment via Paypal. I recently received a Paypal debit card, but have yet to use it. Once I have more money in the account again I suppose I'd use it just like I would my debit card for my bank account to make purchases both online and in-store. For now I typically keep it to purchase items from eBay or Amazon.