What Do You Use PayPal For?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by LindaKay • Mar 9, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You make $10-$20 a day online? Please share your secrets lol. I barely make $2 a day at the moment. But somehow I am still managing to survive. I am tired of surviving. I want to be comfort ale - to not have to worry.

As for Paypal, I also use it to buy things online.

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I am a freelance writer/designer so I bill my clients through paypal if they don't have their own invoice set up. It's great because it's a secure system and I have a bank account linked to it. I've never had any problems with paypal.

3. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I use paypal to buy and sell on eBay. I also use it to buy things online and to receive payments from my freelance work. Sometimes I've used it to give money to a friend in need or to donate to a few charities.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know what I make but it's probably about that. If they're making 10 dollars a day it's probably too complicated for me.
    I feel the same. I guess I can't expect a steady income but it's ridiculous that I can't because I can't get a regular one. You would think a work at home job would be easier to get.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I think the problem is that so many people are looking to work from home for one reason or another...I do a lot of freelance work as well and it's tough to find consistent jobs, to make sure you're not getting scammed at all. 10-20 dollars is probably either a mix of various microtask websites or perhaps writing and transcription. There are plenty of transcription sites that pay a fair amount per audio hour.

And that's what I use my paypal for the most as well, receiving payment for freelance work. Sometimes transferring funds to play station wallet.

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    What sucks is that when you work from home, many more hours go into earning what you would have been earning - for the same amount of time - in an offline job. It sucks. I guess that not having to interact with people and not having to commute, knocks more than a couple of dollars off of your payslip. Not fair. But there is this wide consensus that if you are working online, you shouldn't be getting anywhere near as much money as one would get whilst working an offline job, which really really sucks.

7. Timetrvlr

TimetrvlrMember

Threads:
    RE: "What Do You Use PayPal For?"

I prefer to use it for online purchases such as eBooks and anything else that offers PayPal as a method of payment. I think it's more secure because only one site (PayPal) has my card number rather than using my credit card on every site. Many web pages are not very well secured from hackers.

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal to get paid and for online shopping. I like getting paid through Paypal for freelance or WAH positions because I know I can immediately spend the money if I need to or I can transfer it to my checking account and have access to it in about 3 days. I used to use credit cards to shop online because I felt they offered the best protection, but lately I have been more likely to use Paypal wherever it is accepted because I think it is safer.

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I use PayPal to get paid from various venues and also to pay my tithes. I also just go ahead and spend off the debit card rather than wait for the transfer back to my bank.

10. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have noticed that Paypal has an app for using your phone to pay for purchases at some checkouts, but I haven't tried it yet. I sometimes have trouble with storage space on my phone and am afraid of loosing apps. Also, many stores have bad reception. I just use my cards.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree with one of the posts above. I also use PayPal to store my earnings. It's not that I earn so much everyday but I try to redeem my earnings in one go rather than on a piece meal basis. This would be very detrimental to me so I'd rather withdraw everything in bulk than lose a dollar or a few cents with staggered withdrawals. PayPal can be used for shopping but I'd rather use my own debit card for that purpose.

12. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I use it for two major things;

1. Getting my shopping done online - I usually use Paypal to pay for most of my online shopping. I really hate using my credit cards when paying so I result to Paypal all time and also that's the reason why I don't like shopping in Ama*on not unless the deal is really enticing.

2. Getting paid - I work as a freelancer during the weekends and holidays and I pretty much accept all the payments using Paypal. The only thing that's crappy about it is that every time I have to withdraw my funds to my card, they charge me $5 which is really expensive if you ask me. Is it really that hard to transfer digital money?

13. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    For the most part I use to pay for services and also receive payment. I work as a freelancer online so for the most part it's the only way my clients can pay me straight up. I also use my Paypal when it comes to online shopping but it rarely happens because I usually shop on Ama*on and as we all know, Ama*on doesn't accept Paypal payment straight up.

14. pjazzy48

pjazzy48New Member

Threads:
    PayPal Rules!

I use PayPal for everything now since I ditched my bank account. I hate banks and credit unions! PayPal is great and very easy to manage. The only thing I don't like is that they now keep asking me to add a bank account since I closed mine. I understand the reasoning but I think there are alot of people out there who use PayPal specifically so they don't have to deal with banks. I'm just beginning my foray into the world of online income and I love the fact that many of them use PayPal as a means for payment. I just hope they don't start changing to become more like a bank.

15. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I had the guts to close my bank account. I'm considering signing up for the PayPal debit card. I wonder if it means a reduction in transfer fees? I use PayPal to buy and sell items on eBay and Ama*on, to donate when I can to gofundme campaigns, and to receive money from various online pursuits.

16. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I love paypal, it is by far the most widely accepted form of electronic payment. Most small and local businesses are getting on trend and have an ipad set up for quick and easy checkouts. It is a great way to spend money and you may receive a discount when you pay using paypal. I know that vendors who accept bitcoin offer some discounts, but I may be confusing it with paypal. Ordering food online is so much easier, all I have to do is tip the delivery guy and it eliminates the need to fumble for cash at the last minute.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    I am confused about Paypal's transfer fees. I understand that they make some users pay for withdrawing also. I don't understand; since it has been a long time since they charged me any money to transfer or withdraw anything?? I am just a normal user though. It may be different from a businesses point of view or something.

18. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    I use my PayPal account for receiving payment mostly and sending payment as well, sometimes. I keep some of my money in the PayPal at all times in case I see something online that I want to buy on a whim. I also authorize payments to be sent to my cell phone service provider when it's bill time. I like that they take PayPal, I don't have to send in bills via first class mail or anything like that, they automatically draft it from my PayPal account. I don't like the fact that PayPal takes transaction fees from me when I get paid for things online though. It's aggravating having to calculate that in with my prices for services and such just so I can make a little more to pay what needs to be paid. I am thankful for it though, otherwise, many of my online money making opportunities wouldn't be available.

19. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal for getting paid from the couple of online jobs that I do to supplement my income.
    Besides that I sometimes use Paypal to pay for some online things that I might buy, it's very convenient since I always have money going into it.

20. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Eh mostly to buy things through eBay and other places online. You'd be surprised what you can get online for 25% off what it would cost in store. Actually come to think of it I'll check eBay's clearance section right now ;)