What Do You Use PayPal For?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by LindaKay • Mar 9, 2014.

1. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    I use paypal for multiple different things. I've had fundraisers and kickstarters to receive money. I use it in association with 3 work at home sites that I use, as well as to pay for things on Ebay and other sites of that nature. I probably do about 600 a month in incoming transactions, and just under that for outgoing payments. It's simple, hooks up to my bank account, and relatively fast.

2. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal for a few expenses and most of my income. I work at a a few different online sites also and bring in money through Paypal. I'm overall pleased with Papal because it protects my identity, I'm not pleased with the chunk it removes from your income though. It doesn't seem like a lot, but when you are online working for pennies at a time, it's makes you upset when they take away what they do in fees.

3. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    They do seem to take a fee out everywhere they can. They'll take one for depositing the money from one site to another, and then they'll take another free when you send it to your bank account to withdraw it as well. That kind of sucks when you are only making a few dollars a day online.

What sites do you work at to make money? Maybe we can share sites and increase both our profits?

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I started using it to get paid for working online. I agree about the fees, but some sites do pay fees for you. I do sometimes use Paypal to shop online. I like the extra layer of protection.

What sites are you using that you make $600 a month, if you don't mind my asking? I mostly stick to freelance writing sites myself. I like writing and it seems to pay better than a lot of other "get paid to" whatever sites. Some of them are just so time consuming.

I would love to hear about other ways to earn online though.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use PayPal as an alternative savings account. I like to store all the dollars I've earned thus far before transferring everything to my local bank account. This saves me the hassle of piecemeal withdrawal fees. Besides, if you exceed beyond a particular threshold (maybe more than $150 or 7000 in my local currency), you can withdraw for free.

I'd second the motion that Zyni raised. I've been doing a steady stream of freelance jobs (along with my full-time job) close to three years now. Though many online writing sites pay well and I've opened a healthy savings account thanks to those writing gigs, it gets draining in the long run. Do you know of other online gigs that allow you to earn $600?

6. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal mainly to collect my online earnings because most companies I work for pay via PayPal. After that I can make some purchases, transfer it to my bank or just let it sit there, it's a great free service for me, hard to beat.

7. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    In my case, I'm using paypal to receive money. I'm working as a freelance content writer online and I get my earnings through paypal. Not that I prefer it, but because it's the only option available. But in all fairness, I have never had any problems with paypal yet. They pay right on time (and sometimes even earlier than expected) and transaction details are transparent. I'm loving it so far.

8. marshaljohn10

marshaljohn10New Member

Threads:
    I work online and PayPal is one of the means online workers use in receiving money from their employers. But by the time you spend weeks receiving money with PayPal, it is only a matter of time before you begin to purchase stuffs online with your account and send money to people you wish to send to.

9. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I write online and get paid through Paypal (other options, when offered, come with fees). I have never been charged anything by Paypal, although I see there are some fees for some commercial transactions. I have a Paypal card, not the prepaid version bought from a store. They sent it to me for my account, no monthly fee, no charge to get money (I go to stores that give cash back with a minimal purchase).

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like most people, my Paypal account is mainly for online shopping because it's safer. I just won't use my debit card. I also use it to receive my WAH online payments, most sites don't offer anything but Paypal. If you don't have a verified Paypal account, you're doomed.

11. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I use it for my little online expenses, nothing more, nothing less. I usually fund it at the end of each month with a couple hundreds of dollars from my credit card and just go for it. Planning to give it more soon since I'm thoroughly satisfied with their offered services. :)

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like most people, I use my Paypal account for shopping online. I like the security and safety that comes with that. I also use it for receiving my online payments for all my online ventures. Most sites don't offer any alternatives.

13. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just use PayPal to receive various payments and do the odd bit of online shoppong. I'm lucky in that my bank does not charge any withdrawal fees and money from PayPal hits my account immediately so I often withdraw small amounts on a daily basis with no penalties.

14. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I use it as a secondary bank account and I'd probably be lost without it!

I use it to receive money for work I've done with clients and to withdraw money I've earnt from websites. I find this much safer and more convenient than sending them my bank account details – something I'm never comfortable with.

I also use it to transport money into my bank account and my savings account.

I also use it to buy things. I prefer using sites that accept PayPal than ones that only want my credit/debit card.

I haven't gone down the route of applying for a PayPal debit card yet though.

15. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I have a good balance already in my Paypal account, I have bought a purse from an online shop. Its' good, really good to transact using Paypal because they pay immediately. I also sent money to a relative and again, the crediting of the amount was instant. So far, so good for my experience. I am thankful for that Paypal facility considering that they dont' charge a fee.

16. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I opened a PayPal account because I started working online. The money has mostly gone toward gas and emergencies, since I don’t shop online all that often. It’s a great little fallback and I’m glad I have this resource in case I end up between jobs again.

17. cmjblue

cmjblueNew Member

Threads:
    I don't like or dislike paypal. I use them quite often for freelance work and making purchases on Ebay. I also have a paypal debit card that I use when I need it. I do hear stories of paypal holding funds and poor customer service, however so far I haven't had a problem with them.

18. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    To get and accumulate money through working online. Also, to buy internet stuff, or services from other freelancers. I like the website -- it feels secure, and when I've encountered trouble, Paypal always had my back. Which is nice.

19. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I receive payments for online work via PayPal, as well as being paid for sales in my shops via PayPal. I use PayPal to pay for shipping, so I can print out shipping labels when I sell items. I use it for almost all of my online purchases, and also many of my offline purchases. I also use PayPal to transfer money to friends and family when they need it. The PayPal debit card is my favorite payment method, because it pays me back for certain purchases. I don't think ever purchase is covered, but I have noticed that I get money back when I use it to pay for groceries at Kroger, and also when I pay my AT&T bill. I think it's similar to the Discover card rebate of 1% on certain purchases.

20. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whilst I use Paypal ninety-nine percent of the time to purchase items online, I also use Paypal to receive money for the freelance work that I do online. I work with a number of different online companies, as I have found that that is the best way to work it, if you want a decent amount of money coming in, instead of receiving drips and drabs. There are only a few sites that I work for that will pay directly into my bank account.