What Do You Use Your Tablet For?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by DrRipley • Mar 6, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think tablets are fairly unique, since smartphones are still at the core made to be used for phone calls and for texting, while laptops are mostly meant for productivity. So since tablets seem to fall into a sort of niche, I think its position is fairly unique, in the sense that people can adjust their use for pretty much anything in between. Also, given that they have so many apps that pretty much turn them into any type of specific device, I see them as being very versatile, which is great because they can adjust to serve as a complementary device for all other devices. That said, I pretty much just use my tablet for drawing, gaming, and watching media while I cook. I can't shake the feeling that I could be using it for a lot more though, so on that note, I'd love to hear what you guys use your tablets for. :)

2. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    That's exactly how I view things as well. I see it has a great entertainment device where I'm able to watch my downloaded TV or movies, or stream live from websites. Reading from websites is also relatively comfortable.

Gaming on the tablet is already pretty decent as well - I can see the technology getting better to the point where it's very close to console quality in the near future.

For other activities that require more productivity like word processing; I'd use my laptop.

3. daniellemx

daniellemxNew Member

Threads:
    I use my tablets for apps. I used my boyfriends smartphone to play a lot of apps however when he wouldn't let me download anymore fashion games I decided to get a tablet. I can't afford a smartphone plan so I bought a pretty cheap tablet to play all of the apps that I was playing. It's a lot better to not have to pay a monthly fee and download whatever I want. It's also easier to see the games since the screen is bigger.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use my tablet to make phone calls on skype, play games, I like to watch movies on the tablet in bed, the computer is too large to fit and be comfortable as I fall asleep. I purchased it to do work on until I saved up enough money to purchase a laptop.

#4Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I use it mostly for playing emulated games and movie watching. To be honest I bought my tablet on impulse since it was cheap and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. That being said, I feel my money was wasted a bit since I already own a laptop that I can take in bed with me and a desktop PC. Still, a tablet is nice, now that I have it I can pass it to the little ones when I need to use my laptop.

6. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I generally use my tablet for watching movies or tv shows, reading articles or news and for playing the occasional game. I also use it as an e-book reader. In my opinion, tablets are great devices for consuming content. It is generally very convenient to watch and read stuff on a tablet in comparison to a laptop because of its small size.

7. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    I normally use my tablet for watching movies or tv shows and playing games I also use my tablet to make phone calls on skype and Magic Jack. Basically, its the best of both worlds, I do the things I would do with my phone and my computer on my tablet !

8. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I use my tablets for surfing the net sometimes. watching movies, I'm a big fan of you tube so I use to watch videos. I like to read books on my tablet. and most important I do alot of shopping on my tablet. It beats carrying around a laptop it so convenient.

9. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I use it browsing the internet when I'm away from computer or watching videos. I was going to use it for drawing but I don't have a good stylus and never bothered to get a better one. I'm afraid a thinner might affect the screen and haven't looked around enough. It use useful as a Gameboy Advance emulator for certain games. I have the mobile version for GTA San Andreas but it's impossible to play without a controller.

10. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    My tablet is loaded with apps but i use it mostly for checking my social media and for reading (ebooks) while on the run.
    My husband said that I'm not using the full potential of the tab and he was right, I can do the same things that I do
    with the tab with my iphone and kindle. So I decided to give my tab to the kids and they really enjoyed it.

11. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I use my tablet for pretty much everything except work. I work from my computer (make websites and whatnot) and that is something I can't do on my tablet. Well, I might be able to but it would take a long time! lol. I use my tablet for anything non work involved such as browsing the internet, doing online shopping, filming videos, taking pictures, ect.

I didn't think I was going to use my tablet much when it was first given to me, but I actually use it a lot!

12. Skroozey

SkroozeyNew Member

Threads:
    When I first got my iPad, I thought I would use it to do a wide variety of tasks, from reading to making songs. But honestly I mainly use it for web browsing and Facebook. Ok very simple things that a laptop or something could do, but it is such a pleasure to do it on a tablet device. You literally have the internet at the touch of your fingers. I also enjoy watching movies and YouTube videos on it, hooking the device to a TV when I feel like it. Great for just being lazy in bed with!

13. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I use tablets for client presentations really, I mean remote presentations like in a cafe' or somewhere. Its very cool to have such a versatile and useful device that is very portable. I also use tablets as my main source of portable entertainment, it has a huge library of games and apps, you can watch movies here at a higher resolution that your phone, you can connect with your friends. At first I thought tablets are just a gimmick with no real use, but it turns to be a very useful kind of device, offers the productivity of a computer while having the portability of a phone

14. yossup

yossupMember

Threads:
    Honestly, as an avid tablet-user, even I'll admit that there's not much use for a tablet. You can do everything a tablet can do on your laptop. It's just that for some basic things such as browsing, a tablet allows you to do them in a more comfortable position and also do them on-the-go. I love my ipad but know that if I was poor, I'd be selling that right away.

15. thephantom638

thephantom638New Member

Threads:
    I used to have a Samsung Galaxy Tab but unfortunately I handed it down to one of my siblings, although I'm thinking of getting a new one pretty soon. I would mainly use a tablet for random apps, browsing the internet, games, and watching movies/videos. (usually in bed because its impossible to use a laptop comfortably) I'd also use it in order to read ebooks both online and offline.