What do you usually buy on Black Friday?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by NopGuy • May 7, 2012.

1. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Same as the title goes. What do you guys usually shop for on Black Friday? Since I go with my family, we all drive to the store at unreasonably early hours for the best deals and we usually end up buying clothes about 90% of the time. Everything else depends on the year.

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I've gone to a Black Friday a couple of times, and it was like I was at a mosh pit. People were pushing and fighting over items, and I was looking at them wondering is it really that serious? I don't know why people just lose their minds on that day. The deals and savings put them in a frenzy, and you couldn't stop them. After that experience, I vowed that I would just order my merchandise online. It's much safer that way.

3. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I've never participated in Black Friday "festivities". I dislike shopping in a store on normal days and despise shopping in a store on semi-crowded days, so a Black Friday in a store sounds like my worst nightmare. I do the majority of my shopping online and always find great deals on what I'm looking for.

4. Maverickhope

MaverickhopeNew Member

Threads:
    On Black Friday I usually buy the bulk of my Christmas stuff. I actually begin early, like in August, with my Christymas shopping. I am on a limited budget so things I have not gotten (usually the BIG ticket items) I can and do save hundreds on every year. Most items on my "list" either go on sale or I can use a % off coupon on during Black Friday hours. The key to excelling at black friday is preplanning and having several people willing to go. Every person has a list and goes seperate directions. We all buy for each other then get together after it is all said and done and figure out the financial side of it. We do not get sucked into the whole ohhh man thats a great deal. Unless it is on a list or something you need at the time DO NOT buy it!! Yes, they all sound like great deals, but th e way you save both money and your sanity is sticking to the list.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We never shopped on Black Friday until last year. We only went to one store and only bought one thing so it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We got a really great deal on a refrigerator. I am not sure if I will attempt to go again this year but if I do it will probably only be for one or two items.

6. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I sleep in and hide out at home till the crazyness is over. I shop at the end of the season when things are at the best discounts and put it in the attic for next year. lol

7. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Im not a usual black friday shopper - this year I went out and bought 1 thing. It was a tv at walmart for my mother in law and I got a great deal on it but since I had already budgeted everything else online I didnt have to continue shopping. What I did take advantage of was Cyber Monday - the Monday after Black Friday. Its the same as black Friday shopping but from the comfort of your couch. They have amazing deals and you can find hundreds of coupons to eliminate shipping. This year I will be purchasing everything through Cyber Monday specials.

8. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    The only things that I ever try to go out and fight the crowds to spend money on during Black Friday are big ticket electronics. Sometime if they have really good deals on laptops or televisions I will go out and buy the maximum allowed then resell them at a higher profit. I think it's ridiculous when people wait in line forever just to buy a few dvd's that are $5 off. Talk about a waste.

9. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy big electronic items because that's my christmas shopping/birthday thing for the year.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually participate in big sale events like Black Friday. I've heard one too many stories on the news of people getting trampled in department stores. I want to save money like everyone else, but there's something about that frenzied rush that really puts me off of it, not to mention the possible danger.

11. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I buy TV's and other electronics. I don't go very often because people don't know how to behave. I was there last time and I almost got ran over. They push the people in front of them, and it's really annoying. Sometimes I just feel like saying it's not that serious. The TV's on Black Friday are the cheapest, you can find a good deal on the HDTV's.

12. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    This year there were so many good sales leading up to Black Friday that I got much of my shopping done beforehand. Then on Black Friday, I picked up a few things online and avoided the crowds completely. I used to enjoy shopping that day, but we have tightened our budget and I found it easier to stick to the shopping list by not hanging out in the stores that weekend. This year, I was much more intentional about what I purchased.

13. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Majority of my personal purchases on Black Friday usually end up being electronics. Some of those deals are downright insane NOT to take advantage of. But I also get a bunch of xmas gifts during that day too.

14. TheMightyMathias

TheMightyMathiasNew Member

Threads:
    I usually try to get some electronics or video games because those are usually the items that are on sale the most. Last year I got my iPod touch 8 GB with a $40 gift card and I got some Xbox 360 games for half off. It's really not that bad to go shopping on Black Friday. The lines are really long and there are a lot of people, but the danger that you will get trampled only depends on when you go and where you go. If you go a little after the store opens, there will still be a lot left for you to buy and no danger of getting trampled.

15. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    I don't actually go to the stores anymore on Black Friday. The year that I went, there were people that got robbed as they were getting into their cars and that terrified me. After that, I vowed never to line up for Black Friday again. I just check out websites that have the Black Friday sale going on. I buy things like TVs, MP3 Players, and cameras. Last year, I got a great deal on a steam mop from Walmart. They also had toys and games on sale for my kids game consoles.

16. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    The few times I've gone out on Black Friday I've always ended up coming home empty handed. I just don't deal well with all the crowd. It's really hard to properly shop with people pushing and shoving each other and rushing around. I've learned my lesson so it's been years since I've gone out on Black Friday.

17. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do the Black Friday thing every year like clock work. Loved the rush when I was younger of getting up early thinking I was out smarting the other people and low & behold I would get there and they beat me again. I would have my hot coco and bundle up with my plan in hand. I would make sure I went to the stores that had the free gifts ( remember those times) and hit those up first. I would have my thanksgiving day sales flyers all marked up with what I wanted and how many. I would hit up one store then another. Now I sleep in because last year I discovered I could do it online after Midnight in my Pjs sipping my hot coco!

18. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Usually clothes and gadgets, anything that's electronic... call it a cellphone, a MP3 player, etc.

19. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    Usually computer parts to improve my computer, or to put towards a new computer. Sometimes I'll buy random electronics like MP3 players, USB thumb drives, etc.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only do the internet Black Friday and I usually buy bargain priced video games for Christmas at the online Black Friday sales.