What do you usually eat at the movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Miaka_M • May 17, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    When I go to the movies, I usually take my boyfriend with me and we end up sharing our food. We usually get a large popcorn, a large drink and i usually get some chocolate covered raisins (yumm). They're pretty costly but they're so good and since I don't do it all the time, I let the price pass. What do you usually get when you go?

2. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    When I go to the movies I usually get some type of candy. My boyfriends gets popcorn but I do not like popcorn like most people. Movie theater nachos are also pretty good. ;)

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy food that's sold at the movie theaters; I usually stop somewhere before and grab a few snacks. I usually get gummy worms, some sort of small chocolate bar, and a water. We have a health food store right by the theater and they sell organic candy, so that's where I usually get it. I sneak it all in in my purse, haven't been caught once! (Knock on wood!) The food sold at the movies is always insanely over priced and usually not that good.

4. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    If I eat there, I like the popcorn. Something classic about seeing a movie on the big screen with popcorn. Very mood setting and very nice atmosphere setting. Like getting prepped for something special. Also what makes it special for me is that they have Mr. Phibb to drink. Sometimes I drink bottled water there, but again, it's just that special atmosphere with popcorn and Mr. Phibb. :)

5. usengineers

usengineersNew Member

Threads:
    Whenever i go to watch movies then i eat lot of popcorn and take yummy drinks or juice. I love to eat popcorn.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only eat junk food and soda at the movies. I don't like eating burgers and other oily foods because I don't want my hands smearing the seats or whatever I touch because of the oil. I'm not a fan of popcorn, so I have never bought one ever when I used to watch movies.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't like popcorn all that much, so I usually just buy nachos or chips if any of them are available. If they aren't, then I could settle for popcorn since I don't really hate it all that much either. Also, if the theater allows it, I'd also sometimes prefer something more substantial like a sandwich, especially if I haven't eaten my meal yet at the time of the movie schedule. I don't have a sweet tooth, so I rarely buy sweets as a movie snack, but on certain moods, I will buy some candies as well.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I would prefer if there was no food allowed during the screening of a movie. I can't stand the noise of plastic wrappers or loud chewing noises around me, when all I want is to forget everything around me and get absorbed into what is going on on the screen. I mean why not eat something before or after the movie? I prefer silence instead of having to deal with food noises and people needing to go to the toilet due to the drinks they brought in with them.

9. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    While it's far too expensive, whenever we head out to he cinema we'll grab popcorn and drinks from the cinema itself. I mean, I just can't a slushie and bring it from home you know? Sometimes we'll bring out own stuff if we remember, but mostly it's popcorn, a drink and some sweets.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't usually eat at the movies. Occasionally I'll get popcorn, but I prefer not to spend the money! So if I really need to eat, I'll eat before the movie instead and then I don't feel the need to snack at all during it.

11. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends what you mean by 'food', I don't buy anything at the movies as the prices are too high, but I do sneak in packets of sweets. You have to be sly and secretive with them though because I've seen people thrown out for being found t obe eating stuff they didn't buy on the premises.

12. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    Generally I find going to the movies is very expensive. I do understand that cinemas don't actually make a lot of money after they pay their staff and pay the royalties for the films they show, but nevertheless the food and drink prices are still absolutely ridiculous and to this day I still sometimes find myself taking in my own food, even if you're not really supposed to. How can they justify charging £3 for a small bag of sweets, for example, that will cost no more than £0.80 at a supermarket chain? That is daylight robbery and there should be some limits to what they can charge... I genuinely feel sorry for the people that succumb and pay the prices.

13. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I'll always get popcorn for sure. It seems like the movie theater has the best popcorn. I'll get other stuff from time to time, but popcorn is a must.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat when I'm at the movies. I might bring in some water, but that's about it. Movie theaters don't make much money off the tickets. Most of their profits come from the concession stand.

15. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    My mother and I sneak in some small bags of our favorite kind of popcorn. That way, we don't overdo things but still enjoy our snacks and get a lower price. We like Smartfood popcorn, the white cheddar ones. It's been there since my childhood.

16. mjervey

mjerveyNew Member

Threads:
    I'll admit that I cheat and sneak food in. Cinema food is ridiculously expensive, and not really worth it. I'll normally bring a bottle of diet coke and some bags of candy or chips in my bag. i do occasionally splurge on the popcorn though, just because it's so good and buttery.

17. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I don't eat anything at all, partly because the prices are insane. That said, the Mrs. and I tend to go out for dinner before hand then head to the movie afterwards. With that in mind, we're generally not hungry to begin with.
    When we watch a movie at home though, we make our own popcorn and have all sorts of treats.

18. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't invent a lot when I go to the movies. I'm a traditional popcorn and Diet Coke kind of person when it comes to going to the movies and I rarely pick a different thing. I'll sometimes buy some chocolate to go with it, but popcorn (with butter!) is a must!

19. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Pop corns and French fries. They are really sinful, but I like them. Before I really couldn't watch a movie without me eating either of the two. I would always have one of them and there were a lot of times before that I would have them both. But because of weight issues I tried by best to avoid them, and thankfully I was able to do it a little quite well.

20. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go for a popcorn and Pepsi when I go to a cinema. But nowadays I prefer to watch movies from home because I could have a lot more snacks in front to eat while watching.