What do you usually eat at the movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Miaka_M • May 17, 2014.

1. silentrascal

silentrascalNew Member

Threads:
    I make it a point NOT to buy any food there at the movie theater. After all, it's at the concession stand that the theaters really make their profits, which explains the ridiculous prices for drinks, candy, and popcorn. I'm not one of those who must have some kind of snack in order to watch and enjoy a movie. But on the occasions when I do feel like something, usually my wife and I will stop off at the local $1.00 store and get something there and sneak it in. And then other times I'm perfectly fine with having nothing. I find that I do snack more while watching movies when I do it from home. I might get myself settled in with a bowl of ice cream, or some chips and salsa or something on some occasions. I just don't see the rationale in paying for candy at a theater that's been marked up 200-400% in price when I can get it elsewhere and bring it with me. I've yet to ever see anyone at anytime get stopped by the employees of a movie theater for bringing in outside snacks.

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Movies and movie food have become so expensive that I rarely eat anything when I go. It's not like you can get real food there in most cases anyway. I'd rather just have a nice meal before or after, though occasionally I do get some kind of snack. There's one theater here that has really good popcorn.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    When I go to the movies, I usually go to the discounted theater. The discounted theater plays older movies, but the ticket prices are half the cost of the regular movie theaters. I especially like to go on Tuesdays because the theater runs another discounted special, $2 a ticket! There is no way I would ever spend $5 on a pop (soda) or $6 on popcorn! I am a cheapskate. If I want to eat a snack, I will run over to the Dollar Store and buy a huge box of candy for $1 and take it in with me.

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you. There's something about the popcorn that makes the movie more enjoyable. Just the smell of it, when I walk in makes me want to get a large bag of it. And a large soda. And if it weren't so pricey, I'd get candy too, but that's getting a little bit carried away. I might sneak in a bag that I got at the 99 cent store, if I'm really craving something sweet.

#24Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I sometimes Popcorn and that's it and that's only because its free refills. Food is expensive at theaters and I am not paying a high price for something I can get at a low price.

6. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    There are three things that do it for me whenever I'm at the movies. Firstly popcorn. You can't really do a movie without having popcorn and so I always stuck up on popcorn. The only problem is I'm usually done with popcorn within the first 30 minutes of the movie and so sometimes it feels as though it's never really enough. Secondly I always have a drink. I'm the kind of person that always eats with a drink in hand or it has to be close by. Lastly whenever I am at the movies I love to have something sweet such as chocolate. There is nothing that makes my movie more than a nice sweet ounce of chocolate in my mouth. So there you have it those in my three requirements for food when I'm watching a movie

7. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    When I watch a long movie, I have to have pizza! I buy a box of pizza for my own consumption and just eat it like nobody's watching!
    But, for a short movie, like an hour and a half, I just get pop corn and some fries. I don't know but whenever I eat popcorn, I get easily bored. Haha! So, I think it's best not to eat popcorn while watching any movie at all. Maybe I'll try eating hotdogs! Yum! Hehe.

8. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    I usually pack some food with me when I go to the movies, And it's that the food is high at the movies, it's just I'm on a healthy plant base diet and I don't have as many options at the movies. This is way I like the drive in movies(we still have a few left in FL)

9. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    I only buy food from there when there is some sort of combo or discount and I'm not going alone. The prices really aren't good, I'd rather to sneak in candy than to buy it there.

However in my last visit, when I went with my brothers, I bought a couple buckets of popcorn, sodas and a hotdog for $5. It was certainly a lucky moment to go when there was such a promotion!

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I keep it pretty simple. I'm a popcorn and cherry coke guy. If I have a good movie and some snacks I'm pretty much in heaven. Ocassionally I'll buy some skittkes or m & m's, but popcorn is definitely my favorite thing to snack on during a movie.

11. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    When I go the the movies I usually get the kids meal (a zap pack). The kids meal has about 2 cups of popcorn, a small soda, and a pack of fruit snacks. I think buying the kids meal is an inexpensive way to enjoy having popcorn and candy at the movies. The snacks at the movie theater are so expensive, I sometimes put snacks in my bag.