What do you want your bridesmaids to wear?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Oct 11, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    When you get married (or if you are already married, but you can decide again on what your bridesmaids can wear), color would you want their dresses to be? I think that I would want mine to wear something purple. Recently, I realized that I love this color. I think that something like lilac will be perfect. :)

online-lilac-bridesmaid-dress-bnnah0020-5795-6.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't even know if I'm going to even have brides maids at my wedding. It seems stupid to me to spend big money (all of us) on gowns that we're all going to wear just once. And also the concept of brides maids to me also seems a bit corny. I don't know, I guess that is just me.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For my wedding in the future (may the heavens guide me in this particular undertaking), I plan to either go vamp or do something traditional like a Japanese wedding. I like my bridesmaids to feel beautiful like human roses. In that regard, they can either wear rose red open-shoulder gowns with semi-flare skirts or kimonos with flowery patterns. They can wear white flowerettes or real orchids to decorate their hair.

4. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I really haven't put to much thought into it, I would like them to wear something simple, yet beautiful, and preferably red, because I want to have a red ribbon/bow around my wedding dress and it would be my way of 'matching' them.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I had my bridesmaids wearing different shades of purple, starting with lavender and going a bit darker! I'm not getting married again exactly, but we do want to do a vow renewal and have it more the way we want this time (had a lot of pressure to family that we ended up giving in to for the wedding, and we want to do it our way now). I want a heavily black and white focus, but I also want some rock kind of details so maybe a fun splash of red for the bridesmaids? Something surprising ;). I also want their gowns to be long and have something in the way of straps.

6. lilygracer

lilygracerNew Member

Threads:
    I would select a color and then let my bridesmaids wear any style of dress that they feel comfortable in. I would like for them to feel confident and happy standing next to me. And not uncomfortable or self conscious in a style of dress that I had selected. I don't think that there is one style of dress that looks good on every body. So I would let them pick what type of dress they would feel good in.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm never going to get married because I like my freedom. But if I was interested in marriage,
    I would tell the bridesmaids to choose their own little black dresses. Everyone's little black dress would be different but they would all be wearing black, so we would still look like a team. And then they could wear the dresses again in the future to other nice events.

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I will ever get married at this point or even have anything major as far as a wedding goes. If I did get married and its no big deal if I don't it would probably be very simple. But if I did have bridesmades I have always liked the color blue, but I would want something that wouldn't be too frilly but something more practical that they could wear again after the wedding.

I kind of like the dress the OP chose in the photo. This is the kind of dress the with a few modifications could be a dress that is worn again by those who are attendants in the wedding. It doesn't actually scream brides maid which I think is an important thing in choosing a bridesmaid dress.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fun question! I love those silly TV shows like Say Yes to the Dress, and I'm always giving my opinion as to which dress I would or would not wear. For my bridesmaids, I would choose something simple but elegant and tasteful. I don't understand why some brides want their bridesmaids to look horrific at those ugly prom dresses! Something probably in pastel colors and flowy would work for me.

10. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't plan on getting married any time soon, but I'd probably have them wear blue!
    Royal%20Blue%20Elegant%20Bridesmaid%20Dresses%20with%20One%20Shoulder@1.
    A dress like this would look good on many body types and the color looks good with any skin tone. I probably wouldn't have the weird fake flower on one shoulder though, haha.

11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Everyone woman is somehow looking forward to getting married and having a beautiful wedding someday. All of my friends know that my favorite color is pink, I think it's lovely, so I guess they pretty much have an idea on what dress color I would want to see them wearing on my big day, it's obviously going to be pastel pink. :D