What Do You Wear To Instantly Feel More Confident?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Aurelia • Apr 17, 2015.

1. Aurelia

AureliaNew Member

Threads:
    I have a meeting coming up at work next week that I’m already starting to feel some butterflies about. My office’s general Dress Code is firmly business casual, so my usual go to confidence booster of high Heels and red lipstick doesn’t really work. So I’ve started wearing my favorite sexy lingerie under my normal blouse and slacks which gives me a little strut in my step. My boyfriend is a big fan as well! :p

What about you guys? Is there something that you wear that makes you feel more empowered and confident?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Comfortable underwear and shoes are really important as they are the things that can irritate me and distract me. I do have some favorite items to wear as well as for certain occasions. I tend to wear black mainly as I know things will match if I change my mind and also clothes that don't need ironing.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are multitude of things that make me feel confident in times where I may not feel as confident as I could. Underwear - which you already touched upon - is a big one. Even though nobody can see it, you know that it is there, and it makes you feel prepared lol. Feeling prepared adds confidence, for sure. Sometimes well placed jewelry will do the job too. Hair is everything for me though. If I am not happy with my hair, then my confidence will never be as high as it could be.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    A suit is always good for that, especially with very nice shoes. I tend to care more about the shoes than the cloth of the suit itself most times. I think haircut also plays a big role in confidence there. I'm unfortunately stuck for ideas of what is best for boosting ladies confidence though.

5. Aurelia

AureliaNew Member

Threads:
    Men are so lucky that they have suits to fall back on! I agree with you that the little details like having nice shoes and a fresh haircut is important to feeling and looking your best, which then increases your confidence. One thing that I feel a lot of men overlook is making sure that their suit fits them correctly. Having a suit that fits you well, with flat shoulders and closes correctly is one of the key ways to go from looking like a kid on his way to his first interview in his Dad's suit to dressing like

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    For me it would be a nice pair of new shoes. I always feel very good when I'm wearing new shoes because once they're broken in it feels just like every other old shoes I already have unless they are my favorite design that I'd actually love to still wear no matter how old. I try not to anchor my confidence into clothes do other external things but I have to admit it does help a lot.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’m another fan of nice-looking underwear as a confidence booster. It’s such a covert thing, but I like knowing it’s there. Kind of like I have a secret other people are dying to know.

Other than that, I’d have to go with a great jacket. Which isn’t always an option as I live in a tropical climate, but it makes me feel more polished and put-together. So I take every possible opportunity to top off an outfit with some attractive outerwear. Sometimes I’ll substitute a waistcoat.

8. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I like stylish and comfortable shoes, for starters. When my feet are comfortable, I can strut and last through the work day. I like my clothes to fit me well and that makes me confident. I like to wear clothes that feel good, like with soft fabrics. So, I guess it is all about comfort for me.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dresses and comfortable flats make me feel more confident about myself. Of course, for added flair, I don't just wear any kind of dress. I choose my designs carefully. I like Peter Pan collars, a-line skirts and abstract and flowery prints the most. For more formal occasions, I wear a blazer over my dress. Turtle neck long-sleeved tops are also my go-to confidence-boosting clothes.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a very specific outfit that I wear that makes me feel more confident than usual. As long as it's something that is in good condition and good brands, I don't really care. Of course, there are clothes that I feel most comfortable in, such a pair of jeans and a polo shirt. Or some khakis and a nice shirt.

11. DukeMadThane

DukeMadThaneMember

Threads:
    I feel most confident in a dress that accentuates my small waist, which is my best feature. Some dresses do a better job than others; a wrap-around dress never fails me. As far as shoes, I am more confident in a nice pair sandals with little to no heel.

12. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I would instantly feel more confident with really nice pants or skirt that can show my figure. If my pants would make me look great, then I'd feel great as well. Another thing is makeup. I am in love with makeup so when I play around with it and see that I did a good job putting it on, my confidence is instantly boosted.

13. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know. I am actually more comfortable and confident wearing a t-shirt and denim shorts. Sometimes, I also love dresses. I don't feel good wearing high heels. I look awkward and self-conscious on them.

14. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Perfume makes me feel confident and helps me remember that just because I work a job that has a stigma in the minds of some people, that does not make me a low class person, or not very smart. I got a sample of Miss Dior recently and that really made me feel special. I do not have the money for a lot of expensive high end luxury items, but I am saving up to buy a full bottle of this perfume because to me it is worth it.

15. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I like to have matching accessories. It makes me feel stylish and shows you have taken extra care with your outfit which is empowering, I feel. It gives the impression you are in control and have time for the little things. A matching bag, scarf, jewellry or belt can make all the difference.

16. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from the lingerie that I like, a good dress makes me feel more confident in an instant! I work for the government, so I need to wear something formal everyday. I love wearing dresses because I believe that dresses emphasize my asset - my legs!

17. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I'm a shoe person and I always make sure my shoes are the ones having the most impact in my everyday outfits- even when I'm in my school uniform! I absolutely love shoe shopping, and I usually go for shoes that are classy but can surely get attention. Whenever I wear my favorite pairs of shoes, my confidence gets an instant boost! :)