What exercise equipment is good for the office?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by lindbergh • Aug 30, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I clearly lack exercise. I work 8 to 5 and go on overtimes from 5 to 7 every day. When I get home, I'm all spent.i just want to eat dinner and go to bed. During Saturdays, I go out of town for my master's degree and I go home late Sunday afternoon. It's very hard to include exercise in my daily routine. That's why I'm asking if you know some exercise equipment that I could bring to the office and use every now and then to keep me fit.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing I thought of was an office exercise ball. The ball replaces your chair for short periods throughout the day and works out your core muscles. By adding in other exercises using the ball, you can get toned up pretty fast. It doesn't do much as far as a cardio workout but you may be able to add that to your morning routine fairly easily but getting up a half an hour earlier. YouTube has tons of videos for both the exercise ball and quick cardio workouts.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your recommendation! I'd definitely check this out. I have two questions though. . . How much does this exercise equipment cost? And, won't I look ridiculous when I'm using this? I don't want my officemates laughing at me while I'm using the equipment. Lol.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    They can vary in price from around $20 to $120. The one that I would like is at Target for about $80 but it looks more like a chair and less than a ball than the other types. Here's a link to the one I am referring to:

. Now as far as your officemates laughing at you, just remember that they won't be laughing at you very long once they see you are getting in shape and they are not! That, and you'll be able to kick their arses soon enough!

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Figure Twister, it's quite a cheap but pretty useful exercise equipment, and not too mention it's quite handy too. I bought mine from Toby's for less than $10, but you can simply search for it on Ebay.

6. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    Yes, definitely get some kind of exercise ball. I used one that only cost me $15 from Play It Again Sports (the ball I got was one of their brand new items). You should also look into getting a Thera Band that you can do every kind of arm and leg resistance exercise with; it's perfect for multitasking. Some really simple things you can do are: drink a ton of water, always use the stairs, park further away from the office entry, and stretching every chance you have. Start seeking out the moments at work when you don't have to be 100% focused on the task at hand, and start putting exercises into those moments. Good luck!

7. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    You will not look ridiculous when you're using the ball. Actually it's way more comfortable and better for your back than a traditional office chair. If no one else has the ball, then they will soon because it's actually taking over most offices. Managers who are truly proactive will get these balls to make employees more productive. It's harder to fall asleep on a ball so it's way better than a office chair. I would look into the ball as it is so much better for your back!